Is AF dying?

Long time listening, first time caller here. I have been reading posts on AF for awhile, seems like the quality of posts have been deteriorating. It use to be a good mix between finance and humour. Now its just lame. Why do you think its going downhill?

jdv’s exit was a big turning point a lot of people here have probably been laid off in the past year or so, and people aren’t as chipper when they’re job searching

Keep your head up. Chad has extended an olive branch to the AF crowd that likes to commingle the finance and humor. I think we are hitting a bottom and now we will see a respectable up-tick in the content, finance and other wise, of the forum. Yours truly, Nup–err–ASS_MAN

It might just be dying after all. These forums are slower than a Gulf Coast oil slick. Too soon?

nice

We’re getting closer to exam time too. Things will lighten up on June 6th.

AF naturally attracts ambitious amateurs that want to be professionals. As the number of professionals drops there is less incentive for the other to remain, so more leave. A viscous cycle perhaps.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We’re getting closer to exam time too. Things > will lighten up on June 6th. +1 I’ve been pretty busy with work and studying. I intend on posting more after the exam.

If analyst forum is dying it better decide on its religion.

I’m not aware of other forums for CFA discussion. I can’t imagine this is the only one, but it is one of the oldest. I’m an old Charterstuff veteran, but that place just turned into chaos. You didn’t have to register to post and it went from being real helpful to drunk bathroom talk in a couple of years.

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You didn’t have to > register to post and it went from being real > helpful to drunk bathroom talk in a couple of > years. That’s why Chad is doing a fine job. I’ve been on multiple sites that turned from insightful to childish.

where did jdv go?

bmwhype Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > where did jdv go? just vanished…/poof one day he was here, the next he was gone

I think it’s heavily correlated with economic / market conditions. If we ever get back into an extended bull run with lots of savvy new hopeful candidates, things’ll go back to the way they were.

Throwback thurday!..well… is AF still dying

I am still not able to Copy/Paste here. I don’t know about you guys, but I would have posted at least 10 threads over this time if this functionality was not broken.

hello hashtag

I find this thread highly ironic because the person who started this thread, SuperiorReturn, was banned

^I assume that was you that deleted my post? Why?

Edit: I called out palantir for basically being boring and only posting about banning igor, hashtag, and his penchant for underage girls.

Yea, and I only made some comments about how great STL’s wife was.