Chicago

Before the Back Office existed I posted a thread in General Discussion that got nuked and the only places I remember from it are Fago de Chao and TGI Fridays. My trip is next week so I’m trying this again. What are your restaurant recommendations for Chicago? I’m looking for a pizza place, a local $$$$$ steakhouse, a couple of causal places, and a couple of breakfast places. No chains please.

Can’t help you there, but if you want to blackout before nightfall and enjoy bottles of Patron, I can steer you to a few places.

Steakhouse - Gibson’s Also try Tavern on Rush … good location for people watching.

^Carmine’s is also pretty good for Italian …

ha ha ha, TGI Fridays, that makes me laugh.

i’m heading there the weekend after the exam for the cubs/sox so i’m def interested, too i remember someone saying Giordano’s pizza was the place to go and to avoid the pier

I had Giordano’s last time I was there, Gino’s is way better. Frontera Grill is good.

Ditka’s for steak.

I’ve only been to Chicago once, but Intelligentsia is one of the best coffee shops in the country.

Thanks for all the responses and keep them coming.

WildFire Joe’s Stone Crab Two of my favorites… Nine is good if you are into trendy http://www.n9negroup.com/#/steakhouse/main/ Lots more great spots but those are more in the neighborhoods and it sounds like you will be downtown most of the time. Take your pic on Pizza places…

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Joe’s Stone Crab Went to Joe’s Stone Crab in Vegas… I don’t recommend ordering the snow crab when hungover. Attempting to crack crab while feeling like death was not good.

Wildfire is a good steakhouse, but I don’t think it’s anything too special.

what are the best bars to watch cubs games from? just in case i can’t get tickets

^Cubby Bear!

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^Cubby Bear! My vote is for Murphies - but cubby bear is great too. Anything in Wrigleyville will be fun.

Cubs are at home Tuesday. I don’t know if I’m going to the game but I’m definitely going to Wrigleyville.

ann sather cinnamon rols ftw!

I think I like wildfire for the atmosphere more than anything, but enjoy the steak non the less… You will be able to walk down Clark on game day and find 10+ places that will be fun to watch the game at… Cubby bear is great if you aren’t eating, good crowed, fun to get crazy at as long as you don’t plan on sitting. Rebel is pretty good as well. Harry Carry’s is a cool spot Goose Island has some good MicroBrews if that is your thing You shouldn’t have a problem getting a ticket, the Cubs suck. Also if you just want to see the ballpark you can wait until the 2nd and buy a ticket at below face. Hope you have a great trip!!

Yelp is a great site - great reviews of restaurants. For a pizza place, I’m going to recommend a place that isn’t exactly PIZZA (and definately not Chicago pizza) but it’s called ‘Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder’. In the sense that Chicago is all mafia, this place reeks of mafia. The St Valentines Day massacre happened nearly across the street from this location and Al Capone’s buddies hung out here (if memory serves me right). The building sat empty for a good number of years until an attorney bought it to practice on the top floor and used the ground floor for CPOG. Ironically enough, CPOG is cash only today. *wink* *wink* Steak place - lots of good suggestions - n9ne is excellent. Gibsons in the Viagara Triangle. Breakfast - I just love Stella’s in Lakeview. Just a casual breakfast place. My wife and I have been going there for probably 7 years now and the wait staff has almost no turnover. Great neighborhood place.