5 pounds in 2 weeks?

Afers - Needed a quick suggestion/tip on losing some weight in short duration. This L3 studying has taken a toll over my body. Was: 5’5", 150Lbs Current weight: 155 lbs Target: Need to roll back to 150 Lbs Starting Sunday after the exam (6th) to June 18th. So basically 5 pounds in 2 weeks, doable? I plan to run 3-4 miles everyday with some P90X Ab Ripper X.

Cut out all carbs after 6pm, no starches, rice, pasta, bread if you can handle it. Drink 2 gallons of water a day if you can, diuretics only work if you have sufficient fluids to flush out toxins.

All about diet.

Cut your foot off. 5lbs in 10 mins!

Check out diet-to-go. I’m having pretty good success with this.

The CFAI should do a weight change study of candidates. It seems to vary quite a bit. I’m 24, a dude, and lost 10 lbs during L1. I’ve lost about 12lbs so far for L2. I play a lot of pick up sports but don’t really work out on a regular basis. Eat the right stuff. Run and do some P90. You’ll be back to form in no time.

Swim before you begin your daily routine. Eat 5 small meals a day. Do weights but high repetition sets. Eat no carbs after 6. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep/day. No alcohol.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Swim before you begin your daily routine. > > Eat 5 small meals a day. > > Do weights but high repetition sets. > > Eat no carbs after 6. > > Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep/day. > > No alcohol. i would die if i did this

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > > No alcohol. > > > i would die if i did this Fixed it for ya.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Eat 5 small meals a day. This myth is false. > Do weights but high repetition sets. Why? To be pathetically weak? Low reps + heavy weight = win.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Eat 5 small meals a day. > > This myth is false. It’s more geared towards feeling full throughout the day so you don’t eat more during more spaced out meal intervals. For instance my schedule is this 7a-Cereal (wheaties fuel) 8a-Cup of low/no sugar yogurt (no throat yogurt) 10a-Apple w/ PB 1p-Grilled Chicken Breast Rice Veggies 3p-Bannanna 6p-Pre-workout supp 9p-a protien a crapload of veggies a starch. Protien Shake > > > > Do weights but high repetition sets. > > Why? To be pathetically weak? Low reps + heavy > weight = win. That is win if you’re trying to gain weight.

Either way, both burn a ton of calories. I switch between them when I work out, i.e. one day is low rep/high weight and next time is high rep/low weight

packattack4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Either way, both burn a ton of calories. > > I switch between them when I work out, i.e. one > day is low rep/high weight and next time is high > rep/low weight That is total win, it’s exactly what I do. Two weeks I do 12-10-8-10-12 Two Weeks I do 12-10-8-6-4 Two weeks I do 10-10-10 Two weeks I do 5-5-5-5-5 Rinse, wash, repeat.

Thanks folks. Some awesome tips in here. Will let you know about my progress on 18th June. The immediate focus is to get down with this crappy L3

LaGrandeFinale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks folks. Some awesome tips in here. Will let > you know about my progress on 18th June. The > immediate focus is to get down with this crappy L3 You’re gonna rock it. If you’re dedicated/motivated enough to get through 3 levels (not 2 b/c you’ll pass) of the CFA being dedicated enough to go to the gym every day should be nothing.

Biggest motivation to stay in shape = thinking about how hellish it would feel to get back in shape once you are out if shape.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is win if you’re trying to gain weight. And here lies the problem. Had he put on 5lbs. of muscle he wouldn’t be complaining, a change in body weight of 5lbs. is really nothing to complain about. I can easily fluctuate 5-10lbs. in a 36 hr period just due to water weight. LaGrande should be more concerned with body composition than body weight and as such should be putting on muscle and not waste his time with high rep exercises.

I am still fascinated by younger people and the skinny thing. I really dont get it, its not functional as a man unless you want to run away from someone. Healthy yes, but skinny is just pathetic. I walk into my hapkido classes and throw yellow belts around like play toys. What good is skinny if you are hitting on a chick and someone comes up and pushes you out of the way? Especially with chicks getting curvier, I mean soon there is going to be a fad of skinny jeans for him and her…and they will be the same size.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What good is > skinny if you are hitting on a chick and someone > comes up and pushes you out of the way? Jesus, this line is so full of win. <3

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am still fascinated by younger people and the > skinny thing. I really dont get it, its not > functional as a man unless you want to run away > from someone. Healthy yes, but skinny is just > pathetic. I walk into my hapkido classes and throw > yellow belts around like play toys. What good is > skinny if you are hitting on a chick and someone > comes up and pushes you out of the way? Especially > with chicks getting curvier, I mean soon there is > going to be a fad of skinny jeans for him and > her…and they will be the same size. Ha, +1.