Physical Goals for this summer?

Now that I’m done with my CFA exam I wanna focus on bringing my BF down to single digits again. I’m just over 12 now, which isn’t bad, but I feel good around 8% to 9%. During exam prep I was hitting the weights 4 times a week with cardio about once a week and eating pretty bad. Now I’m starting to eat better, doing more cardio, and I introduced a new supplement to my usual multivitamin in the morning and protein shakes during the day HGHup, from Applied Nutriceuticals…has anyone tried it? I’m 23 and my test levels are definitely very high, but I believe I could definitely welcome a boost in hgh levels, I definitely need better sleep, feel more alert , and lose some bf while gaining strenght. We’ll see what this does, I won’t keep a log here but if anyone cares to know how its going let me know!

Don’t know what my body fat %age is, but it’s certainly higher than when I started the exams. I used to play racquetball once or twice a week. First my schedule got busy with studying, and then my normally steadfast r-ball partner got LASIK and couldn’t play for months, so I haven’t been on a court since probably October. Similarly, running with any kind of regularity stopped once L2 studying got underway. I’m not making excuses - this is simply a timeline of my inactivity. I did actually successfully run yesterday. Went to central park and banged out almost 7 miles, at around a 9 min mile pace. Not great by my standards, but proud to know that after 5 months of very little regular physical activity I can still do that. I slept like a baby, too - best in months. I think my goal for the summer will be to get in shape and beat my half marathon time (like 1hr 43, 8:01 splits) and then maybe do P90x? I’m skeptical of anything sold on TV, but I know a lot of people in the flesh who absolutely swear that they enjoyed using it and that they’ve never been in better shape. Anyone else who’s used it, please weigh in.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I think my goal for the summer will be to get in > shape and beat my half marathon time (like 1hr 43, > 8:01 splits) and then maybe do P90x? I’m > skeptical of anything sold on TV, but I know a lot > of people in the flesh who absolutely swear that > they enjoyed using it and that they’ve never been > in better shape. Anyone else who’s used it, > please weigh in. I am a runner too. and have done p90x. You won’t be disappointed.

Goal to obtain by August 31 Bench: 250 x 5 clean full reps (currently at 225 x 4) Squat: 315 x 8 parallel (currently at 225 x 10, haven’t tried maxing out in about 4 months) Start deadlifting again Military Press: 175 x 5 (currently at 155 x 5) It’s pretty ambitious given my super-slow trajectory of adding weight (both to my body and to my lifts).

I bought P90X but haven’t started yet. Back, Plyo and cardio stuff have some jumping workout which I think won’t be able to do as I live in an apartment building and people who live in the lower level apartment than me wouldn’t appreciate that kind of noise. I will have to chose the work-outs like Biceps and Shoulders, Legs and Back etc which are not noise makers.

Just completed week 1 of P90X. I took about a month off from working out to focus on studying and I have to say getting back into shape sucks! I’m doing my own modified Doubles program as I’m mixing the p90x workouts in with my gym routine of spinning and hot yoga. So far so good. I’m already feeling more toned and energized.

I am doing MMA (kickboxing, boxing, muay thai) and hope to become a bad@ss by the end of the summer. It’s kinda confidence building when you know that you can break someone’s legs and ribs with your kicks. Plus you get into awesome shape as well.

I’ve done P90x and P90x+ a couple times. Now I do a mix of them with running, I’m more focused on running farther distances this summer…we’ll see how it goes.

boston - buy a yoga mat, or 2. It will vastly reduce the noise. I also live in an apt building and haven’t gotten any complaints. Also, if possible, try doing the routine at times when you think the people below you wouldn’t be home (or at home watching tv). In either case, they can’t tell you s&*t as you are a paying renter just like the rest of them. Happy p90xing.

Thanks mp. I will give it a try but am sure it might not go well. I have to mix P90X (Biceps, Chest, Legs etc) with gym. I can do weights at home but for cardio and burning calories will have to go to gym so I can avoid any fight with neighbors. Plyo, Cardio and Back (chin up etc) workouts are noise makers and will have to avoid it at home.

I’m just trying to bring my bf down to the point where I have no visible fat. I never quite get to where I want this summer, so I’m not trying to be over ambitious with my goals and make this one thing my priority. I’m not sure were I am now bf%'age wise (you can kind of see my abs) or what the lowest level possible is for me. I’ve probably lost about 10-15 pounds of fat since I started cutting at the end of March, but I’m only down between 5-10 pounds on the scale. Score!

Seems like everyone is a fan of P90x, I used to be also, until I started abbreviated training. Much better results with less time spent

boston, Chinups shouldn’t make a lot of noise if you have the pullup bar. For Plyo/Cardio, substituting with running/biking or any other cardio training that burns ~ 600 calories should suffice.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve probably lost about > 10-15 pounds of fat since I started cutting at the > end of March, but I’m only down between 5-10 > pounds on the scale. Score! Nice! Did you end up going keto? How are you liking it?

35+ inch vertical

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve probably lost about > > 10-15 pounds of fat since I started cutting at > the > > end of March, but I’m only down between 5-10 > > pounds on the scale. Score! > > Nice! Did you end up going keto? How are you > liking it? Yeah, I’m keto now, but 90% of those results were pre-keto. I only started Keto 2 weeks ago’ish. I think Keto is really getting results, mixed feelings about the diet though. Sometimes the keto diet is great because you feel like you can eat whatever you want (hamburgers without the bun, bacon, eggs, tons of cheese), sometimes it sucks because there is soo little easy food that you can just pick up and eat (i.e. every meal has to be a standalone meat with some veggies). Weekends are great though and help keep me sane. CSK, what is going on man?

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sometimes it sucks because there is soo little > easy food that you can just pick up and eat (i.e. > every meal has to be a standalone meat with some > veggies). Yeah, at first I struggled with this and if I was out and hungry it meant I usually went to a deli and picked up some roast beef or chicken salad. Now I have a fairly decent list of places I can go to get a quick meal but you’re still pretty limited.

when training i found frozen chicken breasts, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and trail mix to be great sources of simple protien. dried fruit makes a great snack, too.

Anybody ever do the paleo diet?

The keto diet is virtually a paleo diet. Meat, veggies, nuts, etc. No starches or sugars.