6 pack abs in 4 months?

I am back with yet another request to help me get in good form. Being a goal oriented person, the target date to accompalish this task is 10th Dec (Fri). Please suggest me some home abs exercies - I am planning to do Ab Ripper X for 90 days, also have a Philly half coming up in Nov. Too tensed about the L3 results in Aug after the 39% low L2 pass rate. Thanks in advance folks!

Buy that pulsating electronic device that you wrap around your gut. Wear it during ab ripper x and you’ll be there in no time.

Make sure you get the shake weight, do that 5x a day

Run/Swim/HIIT Training Eat no carbs Run/Swim/HIIT Training Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym

It really depends on where you are starting from. You don’t need that much muscle to have a six pack, you just need to not have fat. If you are fat from studying a lot and not exercising, four months could be a stretch. If you are in good shape, you could do it – it’s possible to lose 2 lbs / week with a good exercise program and diet even if you have a desk job, and possibly more depending on the circumstances, but that’s probably pushing it. To look really ripped you need to be in the mid-single digits body fat %age or lower.

Sorry gym/health rats, but Jerry Rice disagrees…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzMQfCcvzFA&feature=related You wouldn’t question JR would you?

Pro athletes selling out promoting bogus products? why I never heard such outrageous things

I agree with nups. Also, don’t only do Ab ripper x as the muscles will not be as confused. Get your hands on Core Synergistics as well and mix it up with Ab ripper x, you won’t be disappointed.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with nups. Also, don’t only do Ab ripper x > as the muscles will not be as confused. I have no idea what this means and I’ve read quite a bit on muscular hypertrophy. As it has been stated start with your diet and then look at your workload.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mp2438 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I agree with nups. Also, don’t only do Ab ripper > x > > as the muscles will not be as confused. > > I have no idea what this means and I’ve read quite > a bit on muscular hypertrophy. > > As it has been stated start with your diet and > then look at your workload. +1

Do a lot of balance exercises and core exercises, you’d be amazed at how much power you can generate with your core. For instance, I was stuck below 225 on bench for about a year, I then strated doing 1 arm balance ball DB presses, a pretty good core workout if done correctly, that was about 8 months ago and i’ve added 20 lbs to my bench :slight_smile:

If you want a good core exercise, TGUs are fantastic. Heck, it’s great for the whole body

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you want a good core exercise, TGUs are > fantastic. Heck, it’s great for the whole body Since some might not understand the acronym, tgu = Turkish get-up. There are a lot of good how to videos on YouTube for this movement.

Love TGU’s, love em so much I do them maybe once a month because they scare me lol

diet is key. What I’m saying is to change up the routine - doing ab ripper x everyday will become marginally less efficient each day. Also lets not forget to mention that you shouldn’t work out the same muscles everyday.

You can do crunches until you’re blue in the face but you’re never gonna see your abs until you lower your body fat %.

Talk me through the diet you guys follow. How do you lower your body fat?

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Talk me through the diet you guys follow. How do > you lower your body fat? I too want to hear this. I got one ell of a jelly belly on me. The wife says one of them is leaving, her or the belly. And I love my wife.

lean protein and veggies every meal. limit your carbs, especially no high sugar stuff like soda, cake etc

I’ve found that my body responds poorly to carbs and I have had excellent results on a ketogenic diet. High fat, high protein, low carb (30g of net carbs per day mainly from veggies and my fiber supplement).