I lost my wedding ring

So I after almost a week looking for it, I couldn’t find my wedding ring so now it’s safe to assume it’s gone. My wife will notice soon and I can see that episode: “Why you never cared about it? That ring represented [blah blah]. What would you think if I [blah blah]?” So I’m thinking of getting another one including the inside engraving to prevent the above, but the risk is what if the mofo ring is somewhere in my house, my wife finds it, and then see I’m using the other one? Since apparently most women prefer this thing called “the truth”, should I just tell her I lost it? This issue brings the question: why dudes have to use rings in the first place? But anyway. Thoughts appreciated.

I never wear mine. My best buddy keeps his on the Escape key at work. He often forgets to put it back on. Tell her you pawned it and you went on the beers with the boys. Don’t be owned by anyone.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I after almost a week looking for it, I > couldn’t find my wedding ring so now it’s safe to > assume it’s gone. My wife will notice soon and I > can see that episode: > > “Why you never cared about it? That ring > represented . What would you think if I ?” > > So I’m thinking of getting another one including > the inside engraving to prevent the above, but the > risk is what if the mofo ring is somewhere in my > house, my wife finds it, and then see I’m using > the other one? > > Since apparently most women prefer this thing > called “the truth”, should I just tell her I lost > it? > > This issue brings the question: why dudes have to > use rings in the first place? But anyway. Thoughts > appreciated. I’ve lost two (one in the ocean, one in an ocean of drinks). I’d probably just tell her, particularly if you occassionally take it off (for lawn work, plumbing - in both a literal and a ‘clear the pipes’ kinda way, whatever). If you lost it under some nefarious circumstances then I’d fake it, otherwise just throw yourself at her mercy and listen patiently as she complains. Regarding dudes wearing rings - I don’t know what to tell you. It’s one of those things you either opt out of at the onset, or ride it out.

Just say you lost it… …inside her.

I lost mine a while back. I told her the truth and that was that. She was initially upset, but she in no way thought I didn’t care or that I didn’t value what is represents blah blah. These things happen and honesty is always the best policy. The funny thing is, my wife lost her ring about two weeks later. We finally found it, but that was huge stress as it was worth a few grand and we had no insurance on it.

Mine came off in the ocean in Mexico, I think I flopped down on the beach and started talking about how it was drifting in the power of the ocean now and little fishes would be influenced by it and start doing fish kissing and stuff. Situation instantly neutralized, recognize. Women function on symbolic stuff, you’re losing that is interpreted as a symbol of your lack of caring about the whole relation. If that is in fact true she will see thru any BS and this event is only more proof. If that isn’t true then it is pretty easy to just offset the big negative symbol with some positive symbols. If you leave her with only a negative symbol and nothing else to dwell on… you know, chicks tend to go crazy obsessing on a thought.

$100 says she already found it and is waiting for you to say something.

Honesty is sometimes not the best way to deal with women folk. However, in this case, you should just say you lost it.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. - Rogers, Will

So what are the likely scenerios here? A. Ring’s lost, really gone, wifey doesn’t know. B. Ring’s lost, wifey has found it and waiting for you to own up C. Ring’s lost, wifey doesn’t know, but it is in a spot where it will be found by her first How much bigger does the P(A) need to be compared to P(B) + P© to decide to not tell the wife? The probably of the wife finding out you lost the ring if you tell her you lost it is 100%. There’s a what? 50% chance she freaks out and 50% chance she takes it in stride? The probably of the wife finding out you lost the ring if you don’t tell her is only P(B)+P©. How big is that? 30%? 50%? Then within that, what are the likely reactions? A slightly higher chance she freaks out (say 70%) and a slightly lower chance she takes it in stride? If I was married with my current gf, I would just go by another ring and hope she never knows. If she found out, whether I told her or not, she would definitely freak out and make it an issue, and telling her vs. her finding out wouldn’t really change the reaction much.

You must tell her right away and pretend you want it replaced as quickly as possible. A wedding band is her mark. It shows others that you are owned. Kinda like when a dog pees somewhere marking their spot.

^^that is until you have kids that you tote around. Then she really won’t give a fxxk about the ring anymore.

^^^ that’s why we are never having kids. It is like getting a downgrade from AAA to C. I like my AAA status.

Buy the replacement ring… no guts no glory.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $100 says she already found it and is waiting for > you to say something. ^ I think you’re right and Mrs. Evil Voice is playing mental games with me. Probably she’s laughing right now, damn it. As ohai says, do what the majority of AF tells you to do. I’ll tell her today. If she’s upset will tell her: “but everyone on AF lost their rings too!, and I’m being honest, you should reward me actually.”

Let us know how it goes. Question for everyone. Who here would tell their wife they cheated on them?

I probably would IF we were married. If we weren’t, probably not.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let us know how it goes. > > Question for everyone. Who here would tell their > wife they cheated on them? Define cheating. I’m with AM - now that I’m married, I’d like to think I would (and that’s what I say today). Aside from that, I have never cheated on my wife, while she was my wife (I think that’s an Ari Gold quote, or something like that).

I wouldn’t have to tell her - she would know. I am the worst liar on the planet.

Why would she care? It’s not hers.