The decision

To go or not to go part-time MBA (NYU)? Got accepted, not sure what to do

GO MAN. GO.

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GO MAN. GO. +2

Dude, this is a very personal decision. We need some background info. Also, A/S/L and your favorite color, movie and book.

Great job csk. I would go, but I don’t know you from a bar of soap other than you play tennis and live in NY.

You paying, or employer?

What is your goal? Congrats.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, this is a very personal decision. We need > some background info. Also, A/S/L and your > favorite color, movie and book. 23/F/New York, color:pink, movie: casablanka. book:the notebook

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is your goal? > > Congrats. Excellent question :slight_smile:

“casablanka” Is this like “Casablanca” but with Blanka? I would pay to see that movie.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You paying, or employer? i am

Congrats! It really depends on your career goals. PT provides 0 career assistance so your best bet will be a promotion or maybe a job switch but not a career switch. All of this for 3-4yrs of your life and 120k while you work. If your goal is a FO job then I would just finish the CFA program (didn’t you just fail level 3?). Its cheaper and marginally more respected in the AM industry. I sugguest you do some linkedin surfing and view the profiles of people who attended the program and what they did after they finished the degree.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “casablanka” > > Is this like “Casablanca” but with Blanka? I would > pay to see that movie. arf arf, me too

If you have a choice, go full time. I’ve spoken to a few part timers who easily would have switched to a full time program in hindsight. You lose a lot of networking opportunities and access to career services.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To go or not to go part-time MBA (NYU)? > > Got accepted, not sure what to do is it the only place you applied?

Thanks everyone for replies First, i passed L3 a while back, second i don’t plan to switch careers and want to stay on IT Management track, third, i have plenty of connections as it is, and finally, i truly believe that without Masters your career advancements are rather limited… So the only question is - it is MBA or some other Master’s degree

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > To go or not to go part-time MBA (NYU)? > > > > Got accepted, not sure what to do > > > is it the only place you applied? yes, the only good school to offer P/T program in my city

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes, the only good school to offer P/T program in > my city yeah, they are known for the quality of their pt program. def do it congrats!!!

The Decision? Take your talents to NYU

Shit, when did you apply?