AF comments

This place is just a cesspool of losers who think getting their CFA will automatically get them a job in the capital markets. How many times do people here have to say the same thing over and over. Why is there not a sticky?

That’s a pretty extreme first post for a thread with such a benign thread title.

Here for your benefit is a link to a definition of “benign”: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benign

I hear what you’re saying but it’s hardly anyone’s fault. Can you honestly say that you’ve never thought in such a manner? People need guidance at times.

But you are posting here too - so self categorizing! Aha!

The fact that people continually respond to such posts means they dont mind providing the advice. There are certain posts, without fail, the continually show up on AF. Even if you made a sticky or FAQ, everyone thinks their situation is different and merits a new thread.

Go to any message board that’s got a fairly specific focus, and there will always be a set of questions which are asked ad nauseum by n00bs. Often the boards will have a FAQ, but often they won’t. Deal with it or leave the internet.

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here for your benefit is a link to a definition of > “benign”: > > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benign Worst post of 2011?

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Captain Windjammer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Here for your benefit is a link to a definition > of > > “benign”: > > > > > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benign > > Worst post of 2011? I don’t think it was the worst post of 2011, but I suppose it was a personal attack, which is uncalled for. My apologies, SuperiorReturn.

Apologies also to anyone else I might have offended.

A sticky might help but i sincerely doubt it. Everyone thinks their situation is different and they then want situationally specific advice and luckily many posters here are happy to help. AF provides a link to industry professionals that most people don’t have, and some of them are very generous at offering their expertise. thread titles tend to be appropriately named, just avoid the ones that you don’t wish to comment on. MJBizzle CFA level 1 The cesspool Loserville

TELL EM SUPERIOR RETURN SCREW THIS PLACE AND THESE CHUMPS WE GETTING FIDELITY FO MONAAAAAAAAYYYYYY.

This forum needs to have a stickied thread for Will CFA help me do/get into “X”? I think those questions are all fair, but rather than have people post the same things over and over again, we can archive the responses.

you guys should really feel privileged that i even post here. i am a finance god. i think everyone tomorrow at 1:00EST WORLDWIDE burn a small mammal in my honor i make fidelity front office monies MFs

Forget about getting the CFA charter. it’s more like, “will taking L1 help me stand out and land me the job?”

but my cats are better than your cats! people need to know this!!!

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This place is just a cesspool of losers who think getting their CFA will automatically get them a job in the capital markets. How many times do people here have to say the same thing over and over. Why is there not a sticky? Cool story Hansel.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SuperiorReturn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This place is just a cesspool of losers who > think getting their CFA will automatically get > them a job in the capital markets. How many times > do people here have to say the same thing over and > over. Why is there not a sticky? > > Cool story Hansel. fear me

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fear me …works b3tter in all caps with tons of exclamation points. FEAR ME!!!

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fear me I try to make at least one person per day feel better, so consider yourself feared.