DO YOU KNOW WHAT SCHOOLS I'VE BEEN TO???

I might also add, how well educated I am? Kids, in an age where most cell phones have digital video capabilities, berating public service employees is not only bad behavior, but also a CLM.* http://dealbreaker.com/2011/06/well-educated-bnp-paribas-employee-will-not-be-told-what-to-do-by-metro-north-employees/ Disclosure: Short Hermon Raju. *CLM = career limiting move

IT IS ALL IN THE HAT BRO

Lol, comments are priceless. Shout out too all my NYU classmates “If I went to NYU - I would not tell anyone about that. Instead spend some time thinking of what went wrong…”

Is it true? Is it true that NYU is not considering to be a good school anymore?

she was on anderson cooper’s “ridiculist”, which has other notable entries such as The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse who sees satanic phallic symbols at the Denver airport… cool

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it true? Is it true that NYU is not considering > to be a good school anymore? It’s a fine school, especially for certain fields. Still ranks very competitive in many areas, even though no, it is not considered same as Harvard and some of the other ivies. However, even if you went to Choate for pre-college education, Harvard for college, HBS for your MBA, and did it all on a full ride at each of them…it is never appropriate to say, “Do you know how well educated I am?” The fact that she said it at all - no matter her background - speaks volumes about who she is and how she perceives herself. It’s really not an acceptable thing to say to a stranger, period. Update: Dealbreaker is reporting that BNP Paribas has let her go from her summer internship, or whatever it was she was doing for them.

Looks like she is trying to capitalize it. She has taken ownership of the video on youtube. I went to a school that’s a little better than NYU and I’m generally embarrassed when people ask me where I went. Definitely not something to brag about.

Thx for update Tikka - would have missed that. Yeah, it appears she uploaded it with her own comments around what happened, and it backfired horribly -the top 2 comments are almost pure unadulterated hate. To be fair, she was stupid to put it up with anything other than something like an apology to the conductor, her fellow riders, and a one sentence explanation saying that this was her worst day ever, her dad died that morning, etc. To try and defend herself - after everyone who’s seen it thinks she’s an abominable person - is really, really dumb. I have a theory that I think I came up with about a person’s character. It seems to me that once you hit about 25 or so, most (but not all) people’s character is pretty much set. I think of it a bit like drying concrete - when you’re young, your character is pliable and you’re still learning lots and lots every day, and there’s time to change who you want to be. When you exit college, your character is hardening rapidly - you can change it, but you’re starting to decide who and how you want to be. Past a certain point, I think most people have decided to accept their character and aren’t interested in changing it anymore. The reason I tell this theory is that it seems to me that Hermon Raju is not interested in changing who she is. In her head, she is clearly a victim and was singled out by a stupid conductor who disliked her, through no fault of her own. Raju doesn’t really seem interested in changing who she is at this point; she’s perfectly content to live the rest of her life as she is portrayed in this video, despite the backlash from people who have seen it. What could have been an opportunity to re-examine herself has been totally wasted. What a shame.

Yeah, but dude, do you realise how well educated she is?

Interesting theory, supersadface. It sounds as plausible as any. On another note, she’s not even hot. “Next!!”

I’d hit it. Is she an NRI?

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I have a theory that I think I came up with about > a person’s character. It seems to me that once > you hit about 25 or so, most (but not all) > people’s character is pretty much set. I think of > it a bit like drying concrete - when you’re young, > your character is pliable and you’re still > learning lots and lots every day, and there’s time > to change who you want to be. When you exit > college, your character is hardening rapidly - you > can change it, but you’re starting to decide who > and how you want to be. Past a certain point, I > think most people have decided to accept their > character and aren’t interested in changing it > anymore. > Yes, I’ve long had this theory too, with about the same age cutoff. Up to about age 25, people can “try on” different personalities a bit like they are changing their outfits and seeing what works. After about 25 or 26, the main values have set, and don’t really change nearly as often. There is an exception, though. People can change through personal crises: deaths, health scares, career crisis, the collapse of a major relationship, creating another major relationship like marriage, parenthood, etc… But it doesn’t change nearly as easily as before 25. There is now brain research that suggests that the brain’s physiological adolescent period doesn’t actually end until - wait for it - 25 years of age. Which lines up fairly nicely with yours and my observation. After that, brain formation isn’t as rapid and the brain isn’t quite as plastic (in the adaptive sense). Given that - for much of human evolution - most humans did not live much longer than 30-35 years (even in the US in 1900, it was only about 47-48), one can think that the brain did not need to evolve much past 25. The adaptive advantages gained by being permanently pliable may have been outweighed by the physiological cost of maintaining that adaptivity. Brain activity uses approximately 25% of total calorie intake. Making it more adaptive would require even more, because the neurons have to be more active and make new connections. Now that we live substantially longer, it would be nice to be able to reprogram our brains to continue to adapt, but, alas, all we have is cannabis and LSD for that… :wink:

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > supersadface Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > I have a theory that I think I came up with > about > > a person’s character. It seems to me that once > > you hit about 25 or so, most (but not all) > > people’s character is pretty much set. I think > of > > it a bit like drying concrete - when you’re > young, > > your character is pliable and you’re still > > learning lots and lots every day, and there’s > time > > to change who you want to be. When you exit > > college, your character is hardening rapidly - > you > > can change it, but you’re starting to decide > who > > and how you want to be. haha - totally agree. if you’ve ever studied abroad, you’ve seen people go through multiple phases in months. most of mine were alcoholic, but all were fun!!

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d hit it. Is she an NRI? Well, she does look like she has the potential to be a total freakshow, which could be fun. However, looking at how she went off on that train conductor, I wouldn’t even want to know what she’d say about me if I didn’t call her the next day.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > supersadface Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > I have a theory that I think I came up with > about > > a person’s character. It seems to me that once > > you hit about 25 or so, most (but not all) > > people’s character is pretty much set. I think > of > > it a bit like drying concrete - when you’re > young, > > your character is pliable and you’re still > > learning lots and lots every day, and there’s > time > > to change who you want to be. When you exit > > college, your character is hardening rapidly - > you > > can change it, but you’re starting to decide > who > > and how you want to be. Past a certain point, > I > > think most people have decided to accept their > > character and aren’t interested in changing it > > anymore. > > > > > Yes, I’ve long had this theory too, with about the > same age cutoff. Up to about age 25, people can > “try on” different personalities a bit like they > are changing their outfits and seeing what works. > After about 25 or 26, the main values have set, > and don’t really change nearly as often. > > There is an exception, though. People can change > through personal crises: deaths, health scares, > career crisis, the collapse of a major > relationship, creating another major relationship > like marriage, parenthood, etc… But it doesn’t > change nearly as easily as before 25. > > There is now brain research that suggests that the > brain’s physiological adolescent period doesn’t > actually end until - wait for it - 25 years of > age. Which lines up fairly nicely with yours and > my observation. After that, brain formation isn’t > as rapid and the brain isn’t quite as plastic (in > the adaptive sense). > > Given that - for much of human evolution - most > humans did not live much longer than 30-35 years > (even in the US in 1900, it was only about 47-48), > one can think that the brain did not need to > evolve much past 25. The adaptive advantages > gained by being permanently pliable may have been > outweighed by the physiological cost of > maintaining that adaptivity. Brain activity uses > approximately 25% of total calorie intake. Making > it more adaptive would require even more, because > the neurons have to be more active and make new > connections. > > Now that we live substantially longer, it would be > nice to be able to reprogram our brains to > continue to adapt, but, alas, all we have is > cannabis and LSD for that… :wink: +10. Nice quick read.

So she and I have friends in common though I’ve never met her in real life. The arrogance displayed here is astounding. I guess it is true that character is what you do when you think no one is really watching.

Steely Dan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess it is true that character is what you do when you think no > one is really watching. But everyone *was* watching her! There was a train conductor right there, plus all the other passengers. I think you meant to say that an unusually arrogant and non-self aware person does not change their behavior regardless of who is watching.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Steely Dan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I guess it is true that character is what you do > when you think no > > one is really watching. > > But everyone *was* watching her! There was a train > conductor right there, plus all the other > passengers. I think you meant to say that an > unusually arrogant and non-self aware person does > not change their behavior regardless of who is > watching. Maybe. Who knows? But I’m sure had she known she was being video taped, things might have gone much differently.

Steely Dan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ohai Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Steely Dan Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I guess it is true that character is what you > do > > when you think no > > > one is really watching. > > > > But everyone *was* watching her! There was a > train > > conductor right there, plus all the other > > passengers. I think you meant to say that an > > unusually arrogant and non-self aware person > does > > not change their behavior regardless of who is > > watching. > > > Maybe. Who knows? But I’m sure had she known she > was being video taped, things might have gone much > differently. If she knew she was being watched she would of kissed a baby or hugged a homeless person. Bet.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > Update: Dealbreaker is reporting that BNP Paribas > has let her go from her summer internship, or > whatever it was she was doing for them. AMAZING…kinda like that kid AJ in the rented porsche who is famous for saying “i’m a financial analyst” like he was james bond