100 dollar millionaires

I work in the hood and have seen far too many folks who fit the term 100 dollar millionaires. 1. I saw a Hyundai Elantra ($7k K Car) with bigass Chrome 20s. So big that the wheel-well was cut and extended to fit the low profile tires and looked like sh!t. 2. Rusted Cutlasses from the 1980s equipped with rims and booming system. 3. The homie ahead of me at the bottle shop tried to buy a liter of Henny with an EBT card. 4. My former roommate was a bouncer at a club. He said it was hilarious to see well dressed patrons b!tch about cover, run up a tab on a credit card drinking top shelf, then have the card decline when the balance hits $25. 5. I could give countless examples of brothers wearing flat bill ball caps with all tags and stickers attached. My guess is they wear it a few days and then trade it in for a new one. What have you all got?

leaving thet bus stop the other day, i saw some dudes chillinin their rusted out chevy caprice. it was totally busted, except for the fact that it had winged door hinges on it like you’d see on a lambo - total redemption.

hahaha is not necessarily true the tags are kept on for authenticity …but yeah the hoood is comedy for such if it wasnt so sad n hopeless …

I work so deep in the hood I have to wear neutral gang brooks brothas. Why the shop is here is beyond me. I’m sure visitors/clients are turned off by this.

wow are u serious? where u at bro at least u can get ur drugs cheap

I don’t work in the hood, but drove my mom to her work once. People wearing $1000 worth of clothing walking into project buildings. Porsche Cayennes being sold at backwards ‘dealerships’ and a few parked in front of hood shops. I think it’s funny to see the drug money in the worse parts of the city. If you’re driving that car, wearing those clothes, why do you still live in government housing? This is the BX. Edit: Not a drug money person, just an idiot. But I saw a minivan with rust on the side that had thousand dollar rims on it. Spinners might I add. I wanted to off myself.

Get this. I work in the deep streets. Usually on Tuesdays, I walk to a bodega and get a taco from a Latino esse. I always walk past this auto sales and service establishment which also has a ton of esses hanging around. I read in the paper the other day that this auto establishment was raided by the FBI for being a chop shop. Not a typical chop shop, but one that heavily modified cars to hide and transport large amounts of narcotics. And to think this chop shop is down the road from my office.

I’m kinda like these people myself, cuz much like Daniel Tosh, I like to make it hail. Let me explain; For those of you who don’t know, making it rain is where you go to a strip club and throw dollar bills around. I can’t afford that, so instead, I make it hail. That’s where you throw change at the $luts. I’m a baller on a budget.

On the way to the office from my palacial country estate, I pass a different breed of $100 millionaire. Just last week, was passing by one of the less prestigious trailer parks near the interstate and saw a brand new F-450 Crew Cab with chrome cattle guard, dual roll bars with lights, and chrome tool box parked infront of a 50 year old, single trailer (not even a double-wide). The trailer didn’t even have that classy lattice work around the base and the screen door was half on the ground.

I disagree with the sentiment of this thread. My friend Boris is out of work and, given his past work experience, is looking to get into the repo business. If people did not take out high interest loans backed by luxury purchases, how is Boris supposed to find work? You people should spend less time deriding others and more time thinking about Boris.

Another example of how ghetto my hood is. There are numerous check cashing stores around (next to the bail bonds/laundromat/bodega/liquor store). On Friday afternoons, there is a line out the door of people trying to cash their check. I sh!t you not, one of the esses in the area has a watermelon cart he wheels out in front to try and catch the check cashing patrons fresh with a fat pocket.

I am from the hood. I didnt know I was poor until college and thought everyone was like me. Well i made good and when i grad bought myself a BMW. Fast forward 4 years and my now 4 year old BMW is running strong and my boy pulls up in his new 60k Hummer. He makes some dumb comments how i am rocking an old car. DUDE LIVES WITH HIS MOM thats HOOD

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DUDE LIVES WITH HIS MOM doesn’t everyone who drives a hummer live with their mom?

Didn’t they discontinue hummers a few years ago?

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didn’t they discontinue hummers a few years ago? After filling a rental-car fleet order, the last Hummer H3 rolled off line at Shreveport on May 24, 2010.

Respect. $80k car and a $10k property.

I know a few McD’s dollar menu millionaires. Say what you want but these dudes are the happiest folks alive. Their biggest worry in life is their welfare check not clearing on time

This is fairly common in my world. Cars are definitely a status symbol out here. People don’t recognize a Mont Blanc pen or a Patek Philippe watch, but if you drive a F-150 Platinum, you’ve got money, baby!

I can’t count the number of times that (when I was in high school), I would bag groceries for somebody who would pay for them with food stamps, then help them load their groceries into their brand new Cadillac Escalade.

And when I have time, I’ll tell you some stories from when I used to work at the bank. Wow. You see some interesting people when you take loan applications.

^ Please do tell. I need a good story on this boring day. I’m not even hungover…

I know quite a few people in the mid twenties here in NYC that still live with their parents but you would think they were ceos. They dress the part, new BMW M series - but work at their parents pizzaeria. I always felt a sense of inferiority until i realized my 401k, savings, and future earnings vs my competition.