1 in 6 Americans live in poverty

http://news.yahoo.com/behind-poverty-numbers-real-lives-real-pain-151738270.html And supporters of a certain political party will tell you that the unemployed are really secretly lazy, and leech off hardworking high income earners who are really “investors”.

Expect this ratio to grow.

Expect this ratio to grow.

I don’t believe this ratio but then again I don’t surround myself with poor people so I might be wrong in my belief

ChickenTikka expects this ratio to grow.

I expect to grow this ratio.

Definition of living in a bubble, “I don’t believe this ratio but then again I don’t surround myself with poor people so I might be wrong in my belief”…no volunteer work?

^Poor people are gross

I don’t think most affluent people do volunteer work related to people in other socioeconomic classes.

If I could find a way to effectively short the American Middle Class I would put every last dime I have on it. It is a sure bet. 100 percent. There are literally billions of smarter, harder working, better educated people just waiting to take American Middle Class jobs at 1/10 the wages. There is nothing anyone can do about that. Not even Obama.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I could find a way to effectively short the > American Middle Class I would put every last dime > I have on it. It is a sure bet. 100 percent. GM

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I could find a way to effectively short the > American Middle Class I would put every last dime > I have on it. It is a sure bet. 100 percent. > > There are literally billions of smarter, harder > working, better educated people just waiting to > take American Middle Class jobs at 1/10 the wages. > There is nothing anyone can do about that. Not > even Obama. ^Those people are gross

GM isn’t as stupid as you think. They are moving all their stuff to China. Did you see that announcement today about the electric cars. Believe it or not, over here in Asia you actually see a lot of American cars on the roads. Many more than you would imagine. Maybe more than in the US. Give me a true Pure Play on the US middle class and I’m all over it.

WMT, it has gone nowhere for years…

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There are literally billions of smarter, harder > working, better educated people just waiting to > take American Middle Class jobs at 1/10 the wages. > There is nothing anyone can do about that. Not > even Obama. smarter? no. harder working? who knows. better educated? no. 1/10 the wages? yes. nonetheless your overall point is valid.

Forgive me, I’m a white guy from CT which means that I have never been in a Walmart. Well, except for that time when I was drunk, in Kentucky for a wedding, and needed to get a hunting license at 4 A.M. in the morning. But I was almost blackout drunk so that shouldn’t count. Isn’t WMT for America’s lower class? I think 95 percent of America will be shopping at WMT pretty soon. Or is this why Dollar Stores are suddenly kicking butt? I haven’t gone far enough. The endangered species I am referring to are people whom are in “white collar” jobs that make anywhere between 60-120k a year. They include pretty much anyone that works at a company that doesn’t directly drive revenue. Their kids probably shop at something like GAP. Might have missed the boat there.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They include pretty much anyone that works at a company that > doesn’t directly drive revenue. Does not compute…you mean non-profits?

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > smarter? no. > harder working? who knows. > better educated? no. You’re talking like George Bush… ignorance is bliss.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Forgive me, I’m a white guy from CT which means > that I have never been in a Walmart. Well, except > for that time when I was drunk, in Kentucky for a > wedding, and needed to get a hunting license at 4 > A.M. in the morning. But I was almost blackout > drunk so that shouldn’t count. > > Isn’t WMT for America’s lower class? I think 95 > percent of America will be shopping at WMT pretty > soon. Or is this why Dollar Stores are suddenly > kicking butt? I haven’t gone far enough. > > The endangered species I am referring to are > people whom are in “white collar” jobs that make > anywhere between 60-120k a year. They include > pretty much anyone that works at a company that > doesn’t directly drive revenue. Their kids > probably shop at something like GAP. Might have > missed the boat there. Chindia will dominate the 21st century. Maybe from a cultural influence standpoint USA will continue to hold its own. Though I disagree with your pessimism about the US middle class.

Sorry misplaced modifier. The endangered species are the people who not directly drive revenue at their respective companies. You know, the IT guy who get’s paid 70k to plug in ethernet cables. 90 percent of the communications department. The secretaries. People who file paperwork in accounting and legal. All these people who make less than 100k a year, suck up medical benefits etc. You can hire the same sort of people in India, pay them 1/10 probably get 2/10’s as much output from them, but actually, that’s enough, and still employ your delicate snowflake geniuses and key people who make your company competitive. Take Apple for example. This company clearly has three tiers of employees at least. They have their inner sanctum in Cupertino where all the geniuses are. These people get paid well and will get paid well. They have the retail smucks who they call Geniuses, but pay like smucks. Then they have their workforce which is actually working in gulags in Taiwan far away from regulation and civil rights groups.