15 common causes on anger in the office

http://hereisthecity.com/2011/09/20/11-causes-of-anger-at-the-office/ Here’s a note of 15 common causes of anger at the office. 1. Bad management(practices and behaviour) 2. Unjust treatment (often around feelings that another employee is doing the same job and getting more money) 3. Lack of career opportunities 4. Not being appreciated or commended for good work. 5. Excessive workloads 6. IT problems 7. Bureaucracy - unnecessary rules and regulations 8. Incompetence of work colleagues 9. Personal hygiene of co-workers 10. Line managers on a power trip 11. Favoritism of one employee over another 12. Unpaid overtime 13. Colleagues who keep sneaking out of the office to have cigarette breaks 14. Colleagues not being more careful / considerate when they use the office toilets 15. Flatulence

‘of anger’ I meant in the subject

Had a bipolar nutjob colleague have a screaming fit of rage today regarding an email I forwarded that he claimed he had sent to me in confidence. I said I would not discuss it with him until he calmed down, stopped cursing, etc. As I tried to leave the meeting room he ran for the door and took hold of the handle and started shaking … dude looked like his head was about to explode changing from red to purple in a short time. The email was regarding a document our group had been asked to rework based on some negative feedback. The guy sent me an email basically saying the guy who prepared the document was incompetent and was very derogatory in its language. I didnt have time to help him with the case so edited the email (so as not to offend the poor guy who was being blamed) and forwarded it to him to rework the case. Perhaps I should not have forwarded it … and just told him to contact Mr. Incompetent and sort it out themselves. Or perhaps I should have just forwarded the original and let the guys duke it out over their personal insults (which each give me regarding the other quite regulalry). Anyway … a few colleagues overheard the exchange and we have both been called into the department head for a meeting later today. Now this is a cause for anger in the office. Negotiating between colleagues who behave like spoilt children :slight_smile:

“14. Colleagues not being more careful / considerate when they use the office toilets” What

“15. Flatulence” do people really fart at work? That’s awesome.

#3 and #11 are really the only on the list that get me

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “15. Flatulence” do people really fart at work? > That’s awesome. The guy next to me, and the guy opposite from him (diagonal from me) are silent killers. I have to perform a strategic retreat once in a while. The second guy is my boss, which makes it a bit more awkward.

Yeah, yesterday I was talking to a guy and started to smell something. I had to do the head nod moon walk in slow motion.

> 6. IT problems This is a real sucker. Everything else can be used to your advantage or disadvantage except #15.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LBriscoe Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > “15. Flatulence” do people really fart at work? > > That’s awesome. > > The guy next to me, and the guy opposite from him > (diagonal from me) are silent killers. I have to > perform a strategic retreat once in a while. The > second guy is my boss, which makes it a bit more > awkward. Sounds like a case of #10 and #15 combined!!! A boss on a power trip who practices chemical warfare.

BangBusDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > 6. IT problems > > This is a real sucker. Everything else can be used > to your advantage or disadvantage except #15. The geniuses at my company have set up a quick online IT help link when you are having login issues and feel the need to mention it in a 45second notice every time we call the helpline desk. Ok Einstein, I am having problems LOGGING INTO my computer… how the F do you expect me to submit an online Fking ticket?

1. Splitting your tech darling company into two companies thereby alienating your entire client base and putting all your employees stock options underwater.

sounds familiar. we have one local IT guy in our office. he would not respond if i send an email to his personal email at firstname.lastname@company.com, but he would respond right away to an email sent to ITHELP@company.com. of course both go right to the same inbox and hes right next door. gotta follow protocol ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BangBusDriver Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > 6. IT problems > > > > This is a real sucker. Everything else can be > used > > to your advantage or disadvantage except #15. > > > The geniuses at my company have set up a quick > online IT help link when you are having login > issues and feel the need to mention it in a > 45second notice every time we call the helpline > desk. > > Ok Einstein, I am having problems LOGGING INTO my > computer… how the F do you expect me to submit > an online Fking ticket?

1. Getting into a fight with someone on AF.