Youtube Video

Hi all! My name is Michael. I am a CFA charterholder since 2008 and was an avid Analyst Forum user. In any case, I just started at Columbia Business School and I made this video that I thought you might like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQzdr1MFVFw Interested to hear any feedback on it!?

Was this your application? It’s creative, but it gets very repetitive. If this was mine I would cut out about 50% of the tweets. If I wanted to read a timeline I would go on my twitter so you should only put the tweets with a powerful message. I’m interested in the reasons behind posting it here randomly asking for feedback. If you guys are looking for a class member just call me up

i got through 10 seconds of it. waste of my time. why do i care why you want to enrich your life? zero entertainment value for the viewer.

He’s trolling for views to make his application look better. Only has 10 posts on AF.

Ok that was a waste!

This is why you need a thumbs down option on this forum

Well, it’s nice to get 1 response with feedback. The other 4, maybe you can say what you disliked about it. I am not trolling, nor is this for an application. I made it for a class and wanted to get some feedback from my own CFA community (and from people completely unaffiliated with the school). I hope you 4 cynics are not representative of the rest of the CFA candidates. If you are interested in applying to Columbia one day, feel free to use the Youtube comments to ask questions of real students.

Feel free to provide constructive criticism… but you might want to watch more than 10 seconds.

How is this your CFA community an how are you an avid AF user with 4 posts (all in this thread)?

Well, you’re talented at the technical part of making videos, and any time I need a video made, I will think “hey, there’s that guy on AF who did a neat video.” But the video itself is a bit slow and long. To be honest, I just couldn’t sit through all of it. There’s no character development, or story that holds your attention. And the compliments about Columbia, while mostly true, are also a bit bland. And, quite honestly, it smacks of “hey, look what I can do,” or, alternately, of possibly brown-nosing a bit to get in, or maybe trying to find other people to write your personal statement for you. I’m not necessarily accusing you of this, and, hey, if it gets you in, maybe that’s all that matters, even if that is what you did. But that’s the feeling it brought out in me, and probably it’s what other people are reacting to.

I thought it was good, so going against the grain of the above. In fact it looks pretty professional and I dont get the criticism (other than your line about being an avid AF user which doesnt add up with your # of posts, though the forum has just changed so could be true). Would certainly appeal to a young MBA student. Couldn’t work out the reference to Boston at 2 am and being in NY. It’s in NY right? Would have been good to get more insight into the subjects taught (few references here and there). Thought CBS has a reputation as THE value school (Graham/Buffett/bunch of others etc). I’m guessing the MBA isnt for old farts approaching 40 (like me) even though we might be career changers too… Would presumably have been useful to tell people where people who go to CBS end up but splitting hairs a bit. Overall good job. Other than that, CBS for me (non-US) is a TV channel…