Best Burger

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blake McCallister's picture

Fast Food:  In’N’Out

You can’t beat it for $3.50.  A CA classic

Fast Food Intermediate:  Five Guys

Bacon Cheeseburger for $6.50.  Fresh jalapenos.  Yes.

Fast Food High End:  The Counter

This place rules.  Another CA classic but they have a location in West Hartford, CT and Times Square, NYC.  Another Yes.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

"Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful..."

Reggie's picture

Wendy’s Spicy Chicken burger is always good. And if you can stomach the greasiness of the Big Mac, you’ll be rewarded.

Black Swan's picture

I love how all of your best burgers are chain restaurants, nice.

You save the Olive Garden for special occasions?

redacted

Turd Fergeson's picture

Blake McCallister wrote:

Fast Food:  In’N’Out

You can’t beat it for $3.50.  A CA classic

Fast Food Intermediate:  Five Guys

Bacon Cheeseburger for $6.50.  Fresh jalapenos.  Yes.

Fast Food High End:  The Counter

This place rules.  Another CA classic but they have a location in West Hartford, CT and Times Square, NYC.  Another Yes.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

can’t say i disagree with any of these. BS - quit being a snob.

KISS MY CONVERSE.

ZeroBonus's picture

Black Swan wrote:
I love how all of your best burgers are chain restaurants, nice.

You save the Olive Garden for special occasions?

I chuckled

Sweep the Leg's picture

In N Out is the best. The chili burger at Tommy’s (the LA area) is also awesome.

itera's picture

While Blake totally botched the Chipotle thread, I have to say the “old school burger” at The Counter + sweet potato fries and sauce is Heavenly.

Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and greatest weakness.

bchad's picture

I remember a great “5 napkin burger” at “Nice Matin” at 79th and Amsterdam. I remember it because I was not expecting it to be as good as it was.

I also like Nick’s Burger Joint at 77th and BWY. I had an amazing burger with pineapple and mozzarella there that I still remember.

In-n-out is classic for cheap and California.

You want a quote?  Haven’t I written enough already???

monger187's picture

Chester’s Burgers in San Antonio. Damn I miss that place.

I guess you missed the part where I said “Fast Food.” By definition, a fast food restaurant is a chain n’est ce pas?

pimpineasy's picture

shake shack is arguably the best low end burger in city

Hope this helps

wake2000's picture

what a bunch of fat azz CFAs we have here. My diet consists of brussel sprouts, tomatos, and the whole food salad bar.

higgmond's picture

wake2000 wrote:
what a bunch of fat azz CFAs we have here. My diet consists of brussel sprouts, tomatos, and the whole food salad bar.

You’re a better man than I. So, who has the best brussel sprouts?

I’m a creepy-ass cracka.

dspapo's picture

I hate 5 guys. It’s extremely overpriced and the burgers are mediocre at best.

My vote is Paradise Pup in Des Plaines, IL. No matter the weather, there’s a 40 minute line that extends into the parking lot. I have no problem waiting for their burgers - as long as they don’t put their always-overcooked bacon on it.

Chicagoans may want to say Kuma’s Corner, but I’ve never been impressed with their food - it’s not bad, just overhyped.

higgmond's picture

I’m sorry, but nothing tops a good old fashioned Burger King Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

I’m a creepy-ass cracka.

In N Out is the best econo fast food burger but their fries suck. They almost remind me of those potato sticks that use to come in the cannister.

5 Guys has good fries.

Mobius Strip's picture

Captain D’s classic “Captain Sandwich”, two slices of deep-fried battered nondescript fish fillet, between two deep-fried buns, with the Captain’s special creamy sauce mixed with crispy crumbs of deep-fried fish batter, and a side of deep-fried pickles plus anticholesterol pill to keep your system in check following this gastronomic assault. While it may not have the official endorsement of the american heart association, it sure is delicious

CFAvsMBA's picture

Get a Juicy Lucy.

Or get a burger with a fried egg on it.

If I ate burgers, das what I’d get. I stick to chicken.

As for my number, I’m pretty sure I can use the z-table instead of the t-table, provided I am willing to assume no sampling bias. 

bpdulog's picture

Frites n Meats truck rolling around NYC.

Wingharts in Pittsburgh, PA.

NO EXCUSES

Critique my resume: http://www.razume.com/documents/27593

Like electronic music? Check out my latest mix: http://www.mixcloud.com/bpdulog/mix-5/

Zesty's picture

Best Burger I’ve had was in Dakar, Senegal at a Shawarma place not too far from La Cornche Ouest. Dakar burgers put American burgers to shame. The beef is amazingly fresh, not that pattie crap they have here in the states! Not to mention it was really cheap!

Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle class > Born lower class > Born in crack house > Working in IT but looking to switch to buyside

Bankin''s picture

Dallas has a number of great burger restaurants. Twisted Root, Maple & Motor, and Angry Dog to name a few.

mep_cfa'10's picture

For Chicago peeps, Kuma’s Corner. They have the best burger in the Windy City. Just sayin’.

edit: just saw dspapo’s comment. I think half the reason Kuma’s is so good is the extremely long wait. I’m definitely hitting up the place the next time I am back in Chi-town.

m

Greenman72's picture

Seeing that food is one of my favorite things, and burgers are one of my favorite foods, I thought I’d dredge this up. 

monger187 wrote:
Chester’s Burgers in San Antonio. Damn I miss that place.

Word on the Chester’s.  Although it’s gone downhill since they stopped putting the poppy seeds on the bun.  My friend who has traveled the states says that it’s the second best in the US, behind All-American in Massapequa, NY. 

I’ve eaten In N Out twice.  Didn’t do much for me. 

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius. --Peter Steele

krazykanuck's picture

What-a-burger.

Systematic's picture

For any of you guys in Socal you should try Umami… its not bang for your buck like In’n Out but its received some great reviews.

http://www.gq.com/food-travel/alan-richman/201012/umami-burger-los-angeles-best-burger-alan-richman

I’d recommend you try the “Manly” burger. Blake, there’s one in Palo Alto now, hit it up:

http://www.umami.com/umami-burger/eats/palo-alto/

CFAvsMBA's picture

Y’all need to clean your colons!

As for my number, I’m pretty sure I can use the z-table instead of the t-table, provided I am willing to assume no sampling bias. 

lockheed10023's picture

I tried Umami when I visited my bro… overated.

Just like the phenenom of ShakeShack. The brainwashed ‘lines’ of people outside the one on the upperwestside befuddles me.

CFAvsMBA's picture

^Respect.

Ramos4rm's picture

ShakeShack is legit delicious…it’s just overpriced because 1) it’s a tiny burger in comparison to others 2) it’s still fast food.

CAIA Charterholder

rawraw's picture

Bankin’ wrote:
Dallas has a number of great burger restaurants. Twisted Root, Maple & Motor, and Angry Dog to name a few.

Angry Dog is pretty good.  New Orleans has a place called Port of Call that is pretty legit.  And if you aren’t homophobic, Clover Grill is good as well.

itera's picture

I take back what I said about The Counter.

If you eat that even just twice a week, you’ll gain weight like no tomorrow.  Stay away.

Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and greatest weakness.

Pages

Subscribe toComments for "Best Burger"