** New Year's Resolutions **

Basically, I want to steal your ideas, but here are mine to start. Note the general lack of ambition - I figure that if it’s something really impressive, I probably won’t do it.

1. Eat healthier food - more veggies, less meat, salt and cheese

2. Shave more often, as my facial hair is rather unattractive

3. Schedule check up with doctor and dentist

4. Get rid of useless old junk in my apartment

I need to do #4 as well. The problem with a larger place is that you end up buying more and more stuff to fill it with. I want to get back to my peak physical condition.

I definitely need to lay off my drinking. It’s getting out of hand. Furthermore, I drive after drinking more than I care to admit. Sooner or later my luck will run out and I’m going to have to lawyer up. I think it’s time to quit while I’m still ahead. I make an effort to lift each day so I’m still quite diesel, though not as much as my days playing ball.

Being nice didn’t help me with Santa this year. Clearly, resolution for 2012: “Naughty pays better; be more naughty.”

Well I am getting married next year so pretty much everything that goes along with that i.e. get into better shape, eat healthier, etc… - Buy a house - New job

Ok, I have another one - I need to buy non-US equities. Right now, I’m too heavy in domestic stocks.

Start making dinner at least three days a week. Tends to be healthier, cheaper and the leftovers can be used for lunch or the following day’s dinner which saves even more money. Stop napping on the toilet at work.

New Year’s resolutions are for people too “burdened” to deal with their problems on a regular basis. As a result, they generally do not work. Good luck to those that wish to make them but you should be working to improve your life everyday; not just once a year when it’s easy to acknowledge your problems.

Surely even you, brianr, are not the epitome of human perfection. Everyone has problems, but we are naturally just not proactive about addressing them. New year is just one opportunity to think about ways to improve your life. It does not need to be the only such time.

That’s just it, I never said I was the “epitome of human perfection” and let’s not project your inability to address your life’s problems on anyone but yourself. Maybe that’s a start for you. I regularly acknowledge the problems in my life or areas I’m not content with am always looking for ways to improve my life. I don’t sit around for a year eating sh!tty food, smoking, not working out, working a job I hate only to make a change when it’s socially acceptable to address your problems. If you have trouble addressing issues in your life maybe you should seriously consider smoking a little sativa on a regular basis, having an edible or trying mushrooms. There’s no hiding from you subconcious mind when you do so.

Wait, whoa, what?

I know when I am having issues like a break up, an inability to quit smoking, a dead end job or a disgustlying fat body, I just take a lot of mescaline and immediately address these issues. Then, I post about it on AF.

Yeah, I don’t know what’s up with brian. I think all the guys here are doing a positive thing.

1. Bring back my full six pack. Currently I can only see my upper two squares and maybe the next row with the right light, but the lower ones are still a work in progress. 2. Check my heart. Family has a history of cardiac issues, and I want to make sure I’m not gonna die one of these days. Doctors scare the sh!t out of me though. 3. Stop sneaking into my wife’s Facebook to see her hot friends and imagine how I’d bang them. 4. Diversify my business’ portfolio like if I had learned anything from years of studying Finance. My gold exposure is out of hand at this point. 5. Lease a remote farm, bankroll a small polygamy group and recruit a dozen of young babes who believe the world is going to end next year and are willing to “seek salvation” in my community. Disappear a week before the “end of the world”.

^ Do you run? It can help some with #1 & 2. Most people are surprised at the amount running will tone your core and cut fat if you do high speed mile intervals.

^ Only swimming and playing squash. I add 300-400 push ups instead of hitting the gym, but not much beyond that. Have tried to run but it’s not my thing. Maybe I’ll give mile intervals a shot.

Any sort of rapid interval will work, if you’d rather do half miles or quarter miles. But when you’re running hard maintaining form, A) you burn a lot calories B) you work your abs a lot in the process of stabilizing your core

Maybe you can do what those Shaolin monks do. I saw a documentary once. The monk is suspended upside down by his feet. At the bottom, near his head, is a large pot of water. At the top, near his feet, there’s another big pot, but this one is empty. Then, they give him a ridiculously tiny cup, and he has to transfer all the water from the bottom pot to the top pot. So basically, the guy has to do hundreds of upside down sit ups to transfer all the water using the tiny cup. He was like screaming in pain, but he had crazy abs. I don’t remember exactly what happened at the end, but there is a possibility that he had to transfer all the water back from the top pot to the bottom pot.

^ LMAO

I just started shaving with a straight razor. It’s freaking scary at first, and not too easy. But, I’ve heard once you get the hang of it, it’s quicker and a way better shave. So I guess my resolution is to get wicked awesome with a straight razor.