interview help

Hi All, Today I had telephonic interview for Cognizant (UBS india service center earlier) for a role in their Equity Research team in technology domain. As I am from Engineering background (Master in Semiconductor electronics with 2yr exp in VLSI Industry) they asked me bit about semiconductor market, main companies, their market segments and then bit more about financial stuff some ratios and all. I think I performed well and expecting to clear this round. As they told me there may be 2 more round with senior guys and then head of research. Could you please suggest me how should I prepare myself for next rounds and what they are expecting to ask in next round as I expect those round to be tuffer than this round and that why asking your help how I should prepare and what all I should read. Thanks

Unfortunately, they can ask anything. That’s the nature of interviews. Just review what you can.

hmm…review your L2 materials on Equity…Fixed Income and FRA at the very least.

Also, prepare a writeup with some basic financial analysis of the listed Semi players that you know. general direction of the industry and stuff…you can highlight that during the intvw and send it across to them maybe.

@reddevil - Thanks for your suggestion, I would surely write a report on Semiconductor Industry and it growth and direction etc. you mentioned that financial analysis of listed semiconductor, that mean kind of research report on 1-2 particular companies or what? please explain it. could they ask about even fixed income while profile is related with equity research? if yes I would read that also and about FSA do they even ask related with accounting method to measure inventory, revenue, cost of goods or lease etc or not in so deep What else they expected to ask?

also please tell me 2-3 semiconductor companies listed on stock exchange. I know Moschip is one but that is very small firm to analyze. any other medium or large cap semiconductor firm. or do I analyze financial of some global semiconductor firm like Intel, AMD etc.

hey. i dont track Semis but my firm has a semis analyst. in the HY space you could look at Micron and Amkor. google for a few reports. on the intvw front, they can ask anything as iteracom said. read as much as possible. also, not my place, but re-check your report for correct English usage. that would be very important on the sell side if your profile includes writing report/notes.

two words: behavioral interview

thanks all people for good suggestions. @reddevil_l3. since you are also in Pune I would love to have a short conversation with you either on phone or through mail.

Hit up Numi, that’s his bread and butter

You wait almost four years to thank those that offered advice???

lol

FTFY

you’ll be safe from Satan when the thunder rolls