MBA or just CFA+good experience?

In a competitive world nowadays with full of alpha-men & women, so many people seeking for MBA credentials to reach management position faster and easier, or in some case, make it possible.

Does it sound wrong/not ambitious enough/not follow the mankind’s trend if I just want mylife:

• to be as gentle as possible, to enjoy the simple happiness in life and spend time with my family as much as possible now (not waiting 2 years later),

• to spend money on increasing my own happiness (spending time with good friends in which one of whom may become my other half in life, travelling w parents and sisters, leisurely but not for busy biz trip),

• to focus on improving work-related skills and knowledge instead of working on simulation/hypothetical case studies/games in class, at the same time still have my weekend for my non-work (eg: sport, cooking, musical, etc) skills instead of going for group meeting or preparing for exam,

• to save $ from the exp. school fee and instead to start building my own life with my own house (no longer living in rented room staying with not-so-fun/inspiring flatmates or living with parents)?

I know it’s much easier to get recognized and make your name sound when you mingle in a group and say you have MBA from HBS/LBS/Insead/Chicago… but somehow I’m wondering if I would sound too drawback/old-fashioned/anti-social-standard if I view indifferently between those with HBS/LBS/Insead/Chicago MBA vs. others without MBA but with qualities I admire. I haven’t tried applying, but recently some of my colleagues (same rank)/friends (not less than 10) went to the Ivy schools and I feel the pressure to get MBA too, yet, somehow I don’t feel excited attending those classes at all, just not my call from any part of my heart and head.

Do I sound like a loser/not-ambitious person with limited vision for the future and too much on the presence? Do you find there’s something wrong with me?

If your heart isn’t in it, don’t go for it because your friends are. Nothing wrong with wanting a simple steady life.

You just can’t have the best of both worlds, look at your tradeoffs and pick one.

In my opinion, an MBA is overrated. It’s only really valuable when switching careers, if you find yourself spinning wheels in a dead end job, or you’re held back from moving up.

^ +1