% change to switch job

any thoughts?

In salary, you mean? What increase would it take to jump ship?

If that is the question… depends largely on current compensation. Probably something around the 20-25% mark is where temptation creeps in, more than 30% and you’d need to seriously love your current role not to jump.

also depends what level we’re talking about. but def 20% i would say

to piggyback this…would you trade base for bonus if it came out to be on average the same/slightly less? if you’re making base 100 with 50 bonus and can get 125 base with 25 bonus would you go through the hassle/risk?

^ yes

Yes, a lot of things are based on base like pension contributions, salary increases and credit requests.

You are comparing a bird in the hand to a bird in the bush (not 2). It’s an obvious choice.

When I changed jobs last year it came with a 25% raise which was more than I expected. I’d consider leaving now for anything 15-20%+. Also to the comment, $100 of salary is always better than $100 of bonus. I’ve received lower than expected bonuses at both companies I’ve been at and both times its been for reasons I couldn’t control.

So where do you draw the line? Give up $100 bonus for ___ base?

yes, these days a higher base is preferable especially at the big banks who are basically screwing everyone on bonus these days

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Aye, so…

Id rather have my bird in her bush than in my hand…but id rather there be no bush.

I’m contemplating this exaxt question right now. Was interviewing for a job that would have seen my base go up 10-15%, with bonus target that would have pushed my all-in number up about 30% over what I get now. Should hear this week yet, but if the base is closer to the 10% bump, I’m just not sure it pays to jump. The 2 week vacation difference alone would be worth half the comp difference. I think north of 20% of base it becomes a no brainer.

^ It’s rare people regret leaving. It’s usually the opposite.