Kindly tell me what is the scope of Job of Credit Analyst for a CFA Level 2 canddidate who wants to be a investment analyst??

[original post removed]

There were a couple of questions on the exam that where just as confusing!

ha

^lol. I think he is looking for a job description. Credit analyst is a sub-category of investment analyst. Your role would include assessing the creditworthiness of the borrowers (whether to extend loans to borrowers or not). If you are working for a bank, then you will have to follow their standard operating procedures (SOPs). Day to day, you will be looking at portfolios of loans, determining whether any covenant has been breached etc. You might also be required to visit the factories/offices of the borrowers for physical inspection.

Credit analyst can mean a big range of things.

No, i was not looking for job description but i am a little worried about my dream to be an Investment analyst.Recently I started my first Job at Dun & Bradstreed,Dubai as a credit analyst. My job job has same description as u mentioned. But I have keen intrest to do financil modelling and Equity Valuation and Portfolio Management, please guide me will this job help me in future??

Bro dnt waste your time if u cant give good advice.

will this job help me in becoming a investment analyst?? because right at this job, there are less chances of going through financial modelling or equity valuation.

No, i was not looking for job description but i am a little worried about my dream to be an Investment analyst.Recently I started my first Job at Dun & Bradstreed,Dubai as a credit analyst. My job job has same description as u mentioned. But I have keen intrest to do financil modelling and Equity Valuation and Portfolio Management, please guide me will this job help me in future??

Bro dnt waste your time if u cant give good advice.

If you want to be an investment analyst, credit analyst is a great way to get there, in fact most credit analyst are probably better than your equity analyst in terms of fundamental analysis skills. I work in distressed debt and I can tell you most credit analysts I come across have extremely strong modeling and analytical skills that are highly transferrable to investment analysis. I’m sure you have heard of David Tepper, he used to be a credit analyst as well.

Actually this is my first job.Recently I passed MBA finance and CFA Level 1 and searched for a job in Dubai.I got hired as Credit Analyst at Dun & Bradstreet. I entred in the of CFA to be a investment Analyst and i love to do financial modelling and evaluating equities.But my job does not require me to do both of these.So please guide me,will this job lead me some how to persue a job of Investment Analyst??

So your definition of Investment analyst only covers equity analyst. Aa ha. Equity analyst’s job is very different from the credit analyst’s. If you are looking for that, then you need to look somewhere else for a job.

You will be doing modelling in this role too but the nature of the modelling will be very different. Plus, it will be more about managing “risks” than determining intrinsic values.

That’s a little rude, man. He just did not understand your question properly and neither did I since it was vague.

Thnak a lot dear.So jst give me a finest piece of advice.Will this job of Credit Analyst at D&B is going to add in my MBA finance and CFA in future to have a good job in Finance Industry???

1st job but you have an MBA?

Where’d you get you’re MBA from, and how old are you now?

I’d suggest you start reading more about investment and equities, since a lot of the stuff is not found in your school curriculum nor the CFAI. Networking towards an asset managment firm or department will be the most important step at getting the job you want. You need to put yourself out there if you want a shot at investment analysis. What kind of modeling and equity experience do you have?

What kind of credit analyst that doesn’t require financial modeling? Is it more like risk management for loans because if you are analyzing a borrower with alot of debt that does requires quit a bit of financial modeling.

Yup,It is inclined toward the business risk assessment and giving the credit worthiness report.

No i have made a couple of internship and a job of 6months before…

I passed my MBA/MS bankig & finance from University Of Punjab.Pakistan and currently preparing for CFA level 2. Previously I made internship at leading Brokerage House and Construction.I also had a volunteer experience of six months with Guiness world record. I have a keen intrest to make financial modelling and valuation reports. kindly guide me and give me suggestion to enter into investmnet analyst circle in UAE…