Forex Careers

I have a couple questions about forex jobs that hopefully someone can answer.

1. What kind of careers can you actually have in forex and what are they like?

2. Is it worth it to get the CFA designation for a career in forex?

3. I just got a job offer from FXCM as a “sales broker” it pays 45,000 a year plus quarterly bonus. Is FXCM a legit company and does anyone have any former experience as a “sales broker”?

As an entry level job I feel like it isn’t bad but then again I kind of want to know what oppotunities there are after something like that.

1- Sales and Trading job for a bank or company. Hedge currency exposure and benefit from future translations.

2- No

3- FXCM is a good company, it’s a forex broker mainly for retail traders. You will most likely work as a salesperson and marketing promoter. Occasioanly replying to emails about customer concerns on executed trades. You won’t be doing any trades on behalf of the company, nor the client.

I recently picked up some FXCM stock. They are aggressively moving into the institutional space. Go work there and make us both some money. Volumes are down right now with such low volatility, but it will come around.