Post graduation work experience

Hi all,

I work as an investment analyst here locally and have aspirations of getting an MBA from US and working there post MBA. But I don’t think my local experience would get any recognition from US employers. Even if they sponsor my visa and hire me, I will have to start from scratch. However, all good MBA schools ask, on average, for 4 years work experience. This has left me puzzled as to when should I apply. Should I apply to MBA programs right now— with less than 1 year of work experience or should I wait and apply after getting at least 4 years of work experience?

Profile:

*Programs I am targeting: 5-20, specifically, Columbia, Cornell, UCB & UCLA, MIT, and Texas-Austin

*Age: 24, Nationality: Pakistani, Expected GMAT score: 700-750, Undergraduate GPA: 3.4

*Have passed CFA level 2. Hopefully, will pass the l3 next year. Will also study for the CPA designation alongside my MBA

*Post MBA goals: To work as either Corporate Finance analyst or Investment analyst

*Also, I don’t have US permanent residency nor I hold a work visa. I will be totally reliant on my school for a job post MBA.

wait to get more work experience, less than 1 yr is not looked at favorably even at ranks 5-20. and the MBA degree wasn’t designed for core skills, that’s why companies want to see expereince