Career Advice- Just relocated to the United States

[original post removed]

You seem pretty uppity for an immigrant with no job. . What part of Africa are you from? South Africa? Nigeria? Other? Are you black or white? The important consideration for a MBA is to attend a top-tier MBA. Doing a random local or online MBA will not add value to your career.

oo

On one hand, you are already almost-too-old for a top US fulltime MBA. Schools like Harvard etc are looking for 27-year-olds, not 30+ year olds. On the other hand, being black is a massive advantage; US MBA programs compete to enroll black and hispanic students. If you’re serious about doing an MBA, you should sign up for a January GMAT exam date and start studying for it today.

I would agree with Wendy, if you get a stellar gmat score say 750, combined with being black, from Africa, with decent work expereince and show some promise, you’ll get a massive boost into their quota for minorities.

Of course if you were chinese asian, you’d be about average, and basically have no chance. Isn’t the world wonderful?

I believe that a 700 GMAT would be a very competitive GMAT score for a black person, even at Harvard etc. Of course there are six or seven other parameters besides GMAT that will decide a candidate’s admissibility… Work experience, extracurriculars, undergraduate GPA, etc.

Isn’t Gmat graded out of 800?

Did you mean to say 750?

yes my bad, typo’ that. i fixed it

Anything under 800 is hacksaw.

I don’t think he needs anywhere near a 750.

I suspect that the average GMAT score of black admits to HSW is (slightly) less than 700.

oo

Respect. Welcome to America!