cover letter-why study for CFA

So, in my cover letter, there is a short paragraph describing why I chose the CFA program and how this program enhances my knowledge in XYZ areas (whatever that’s related to the specific job).

But I have a hard time stating why I chose to study for CFA. I mean, I want to advance my career, and later join local CFA society to network with more people, which leads to advance my career…

But I cannot put that on my resume right? So, what is the good way to put this (even if the hiring manager asks me this question during an interview): because I have a strong interest in/am very passionate about RIsk Management/Credit Anaylsis/Financial Markets…?

I put I enrolled in the CFA because I wanted to learn more about finance.

Take a look at the CFA’s official website and marketing for detailed marketing speak.

I don’t think this is a big issue and probably very few people seriously read cover letters anyway. I would recommend keeping it as simple as possible. Most people probably assume that you are taking the exams to learn and advance your career because why else would you subject yourself to that level of brutality (certainly not for fun).

It may be worth briefly mentioning - but do not focus your CL on this feat.

If someone asks me why I just tell I began when I graduated from college to continue my education in an area of interest to me.

Superior performance.

I started studying for the CFA because it will set me apart and land me a prestigious job that pays me big money. Models and bottles will flock to my side. Every girl I wink at will fall desperately in love with me. And superior performance.

^better than extenze for bsd growth.

I seriously don’t get the reluctance to say straight up I’m doing the CFA program to increase my knowledge and hopefully that leads to bigger opportunities/responsibilities. I wouldn’t hire someone that isn’t aggressively making themselves better. I’d respect the job candidate that tells me they want a better job after this one. Because of they don’t, they’re probably some boring slacker content with their place in the world and unwilling to hustle. Anyone decent to work for understands and appreciates that the job your applying for is likely a stepping stone to better things in life. I recently received an offer from a shop that I turned down due to some travel issues. Anyway, the hiring manager there said “one of my performance metrics for the group is how many offers my people get in a year, and how many I retain.” Basically he figures that if his people aren’t getting outside offers, then he isn’t hiring the best people. I thought that was badass.

Because you couldn’t make med school.

[quote=“geo”]

I wouldn’t hire someone that isn’t aggressively making themselves better. I’d respect the job candidate that tells me they want a better job after this one. Because of they don’t, they’re probably some boring slacker content with their place in the world and unwilling to hustle. quote]

You don’t want your employee too ambitious as he’ll leave earlier than you want to and then your back spending time and money filtering, hiring an training someone new. The fact that he is interviewing while hired somewhere else shows he wants a better job. He doesn’t need to say it. His actions are speaking louder.

^ I want employees that want to take the next step. If I can’t provide that as a manager, that’s my problem not theirs and they should leave. I’d hire the guy doing the program to advance and do well. I’m not as interested in someone with a meek answer that they do it for world peace or other BS. Just be straight up. You want to kick ass. Don’t hide that.