Buy-side Analyst Development Salary

What is the expected salary for an analyst development program coming out of undergrad? This would be a program developing you to be a FI trader for a decent sized ($300-$400 bn AUM) AM firm. I am pretty far into the interviews and salary came up during discussion, the figures they “projected” were definitely lower than what I was expecting; am I goofin?

Analyst development or Analyst in Product Development? Never heard of the former so no help there if that’s the case.

I’m also guessing geography will be an important factor.

Analyst Development Program; a 2 year stint to develope you as a full time trading analyst.

It’s in the bay area.

Trader salaries are generally low, its your trades that will make you the money you hear of traders making. Also, given this is a development program, I would expect the salary to be lower than a full time analyst position.

Do you have any figures in mind specifically?

pls respond

Don’t know the figures for this type of job but if it’s a legit opportunity to spend two years learning to trade from skilled people, I don’t think it matters as long as you can pay rent. Obviously you’d rather have more but the opportunity to learn from really skilled people is extremely rare. Most entry jobs even at “respected firms” are a joking and mostly a waste of time. Of course this could be at some pump and dump chop shop too and you haven’t provided enough detail for anyone here to judge.

Also, did you go to Cal?

Thanks for the reply, good advice. I dont think its really a chop shop, its a AM arm of a pretty large bank, not BB though. Just got the verbal offer yesterday but no specific salary yet.

Thanks!

And no I went to Davis, just chose a random username.

I would take it then. Options out of Davis will be limited. Good luck.