Mid- interview process quandry

I’ll try to be brief. Currently interviewing with a company that has 3 open positions on three different teams. Very similar capicities but nuanced in client channel and team dynamics. I have a personal ranking of the three which I have communicated to the external recruiter, but I should also mention that I view all three as an upgrade from my current position. The process has been going on for over a month and we’re pretty deep down the rabbit hole. The issue is that I am supposed to meet the team (already interviewed with the Senior PM) that I have ranked 3rd next week, and the only remaining step would be an offer. I would really like to hold out for my top choice but this PM has priority due to his work needs. Any suggestions for how to handle this? Do I just go for whats in front of me? Or do I somehow communicate that I am also interested in the other teams at the risk of losing this spot? Obviously its a good problem to have and Im getting ahead of myself since I dont have the offer, but Im just thinking ahead of how to play this at the meeting. Thanks.

Get the offer, then come back and ask for the play.

find out from your top team if they can speed it up. you can mention you are close to the end with another company, but have no obligation to reveal which.

^ Not so sure that’s the right play now. I’d do that once an offer has been granted.

Couple more details. Its all the same company, and this round is down to me and one other guy. So it seems like we’re both getting placed just depending on where. Itera, you dont think that reaching out directly would be perceived as going behind the recruiters back? I was considering that move.

What’s the likelihood you’d see this kind of opportunity in the near future again if you didn’t get any of the three?

Good question, I view this as a lightinging in a bottle opportunity. The company is growing its AUM so rapidly that the future would be bright in any of the three teams. I find it hard to imagine an opportunity like this presenting itself anytime soon.

Did the 2nd interview with the team I least desire, now Im set to meet the COO and CIO next week. Im sure they will end up deciding my fate and which team I end up getting steered into. Is it a sign of disrespect to voice my preference of one team over another or do I just let it fall into fate’s hands as to not piss off the BSDs? The further into this process I get the more I really want one over the other (but either are better than my current gig).

Your preference wont mean jack shi* to them. Suck it up and take what you get because you are in a better position than at least 80% of the global population.

Update - got the offer and accepted! After talking to the COO and CIO the differences between the teams seemed more pronounced in my own head than in reality. Great opportunity either way.

Congrats!

Well done!

Good job on making it.

Thanks all for the comments and well wishes.