Do employers call back to say you didn't get the job?

Hi all,

I was wondering what the protocol is if you do not receive an offer. Is it usually just a generic email sent by the employer? I assume this is standard procedure. But how often will employers actually call to let you know?

Thanks in advance

If you’re far in the process you will typically get at least an email. If you had an initial call, typically not unless it’s a big company, then you might get an email from some HR chick.

Yes.

And if its an external recruiter, forget it. they won’t give two craps about you.

True story.

Thanks guys

Depends if you have actually met people (other than HR) in person. If you have, you will surely receive an answer by phone.

How long has it been? You should have followed up.

The above. Plus, if it is a top tier bank the interview process will take months so it is normal not to hear back for 3-4 weeks and then get a call for a second or third round of interviews.

+1, Usually i pull out “I have other opportunities” card, and then i hear back regardless pass/fail.

External recruiters are hit and miss. I had recruiters who would just get my resume and send it over and then never return my call and recruiters who were super helpful and had great network.

So I finally heard back from the company and I’ll be going back in for another round of interviews

Congrats! and good luck to you.

Good stuff. give it your all and sell yourself, keep us updated.