Non Finance Major Non Target School

I am currently in my last year of a business undergraduate degree from a non target school and I did not major in finance. However I have had several Internships with one of the Big Five Canadian Banks dealing with Investment Sales completing the CSC and am currently writing Level 1 in June. I am trying to go into equity research/portfolio management, what are some recommendations or advice to breaking into the capital market industry…when you did not major in finance nor non target school?

here’s a question. what did you major in? and why suddently want to get into “equity research / port mgmt” ?

+1. Hint: Don’t say because you’re passionate about it.

“I heard that you can make a lot of money. I’m passionate about making a lot of money.”

GPA?

Majored in Management and Minored in Accounting GPA 3.7, I like the financial modeling and research side more than investment sales. Plus “I know you can make a lot of money and Im passonate about making a lot of money”

acceptable.

the other correct answer is: What is Models and Bottles?

If I see CSC in one other thread, I think I’ll throw my screen out of the building.

Why?

what the heck is a CSC? is that anything even worth mentioning? because when I google “what is a csc” I get:

Card Security Code** The Card Security Code is usually a 3- or 4-digit number, which is not part of the credit card number. The CSC is typically printed on the back of a credit card (usually in the signature field).**

canadian securities course…it’s a pretty weak course.

second easiest way to get licensed to sell mutual funds and talk to clients

dwheats what’s the easiest way?

I thought the csc was required to sell mutual funds or stocks in Canada?

I believe Series 7 is your equivalent.

Easiest way is the IFC provided by the CSI.

It’s a dumbed down version of the CSC…so it must be embarrassingly easy.

You can dumb down the CSC?

@dwheats, I did not know that.

OP, which school?