Salary Expectations

Hi all, I’m hoping to get some guidance re: salary expectations.

I’m interviewing with a financial technology company, Series A stage, just under 100 employees. The role is in financial markets/business development in Manhattan.

I graduated from undergrad in 2010 and worked as an entry-level analyst in investment banking on Wall Street for two years. I completed the CFA and FRM programs during that time.

During the last two years, I’ve started several (ultimately unsuccessful) startups in Silicon Valley. The first was unrelated to fintech, but the current one is closely related to the job I’m interviewing for and it’s fair to say I have deep knowledge in the field. I’m also a software engineer (I won’t be doing a ton of that in this job, but the ability to understand and explain the company’s tech is important).

What’s a realistic salary expectation? For reference, my last year salary on Wall Street was $80k with a $55k bonus (stubbed, so I only got 1/2). Is that a reasonable starting point? Can I expect $150-$160k or is that too optimistic?

Thanks!

Really depends on the company and how much funding they have. Why dont you apply to some VC firms in the valley or Boston? You seem to have a great background for it and you could expect around the salary you’re talking about.