Fixed income analyst interview help

Hello everyone,

I have a 2nd interview coming up for a fixed income analyst position. They told me its going to be an exam on excel. I’m pretty good with excel and have some vba knowledge but I wanted to prepare myself and be sure I master everything. So would anyone know what type of questions they will test me on and what type of operations would they want me to master on Excel? The main task of this position is to research, analyse and make a daily valuation of bonds. Any help is really appreciated!

Valuing bonds in excel? Really? Do you know what type of fixed income securities?

I guess learn to discount to PV using different yield curves. Know the duration formula and how to calculate yield, duration, etc for a series of cash flows. Also how to price bonds at a given yield.

Know your bond math. Know how to derive price, yield, duration,convexity, forward break-even rates, break-even spread movements. Also know what drives duration, convexity and the math behind it all. Also understand basic bond portfolio management, strategies, & immunization.