Non-9-to-5 finance jobs

Hey guys,

Some background information about myself: I graduated last year and currently working as an investment accountant at an insurance company. While I was studying Economics at uni, I worked as a freelance programmer at nights for almost 4 years. I enjoyed the lifestyle, when you can get up at 10-11 am, go to the uni, then hit the gym and work till 4 am.

On the other side, I have a passion for investing, I maintained my own portfolio for a couple of years, was a member of an investment club at the uni and was a trading intern. Now I’m studying for the level 1.

I don’t feel I can start my own business at the moment, so I just wanted to explore what jobs exist in the finance world, which have:

1. A performance-related salary. It’s super boring to get a fixed payment every week. I got used to being paid for the actual work done, not the hours spent in the office.

2. Working hours start at 11-12 pm. I’m open to work 60-70 hours per week, but I just I hate waking up every day at 6:30! I thought I’d get used to it, but it’s 9th month already when I come to the office at 8 am and can’t do anything productive for about 2 or 3 hours. I remember I could wake up in the midday and then work for 20 hours straight, but I don’t feel I’ve the so energy when I wake up early. Driving in a high traffic is not fun too.

Consulting? Wealth management? Something else? P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

i’m sorry. you want to wake up at 11am, 90 minutes after markets open, and somehow convince anybody that you are an expert on markets? you’re lucky if you work 9-5 in this industry and are more likely to work 7-6.

^he could cover Asia

investment analyst that wants to start work only at around noon. LOL

good luck with that

smells like a troll here

Check out energy trading, they work around the clock.

Also currencies, though these are very hard to trade profitably, and even more so from a retail trading perspective.

At what time y’all waking up?

Up at 6 at work by 8. Very reasonable for NY finance.

Up 5, 6-6 usually, sometimes longer. There is a reason most of the best small cap guys are west coast. Lol @ noon start