best website for investment career?

I’m currently in the investment consulting business right now. I would like to get into a more research oriented job, because of my background I think the best type of research found be investment fund/manager research. Naturally I would look at morningstar or LPL because i know they hire a lot of Sell Side Fund Researchers.

If you use indeed or anything similar it’s really hard to find those type of jobs. So if i’m trying to find either buy side or sell side fund manager research positions. Does anyone have a good website or good keywords to use for searches?

i’ve heard of efinancialcareers.com but never used it, should i look for a recruiter, im just not to sure what to do.

any suggestions would be helpful. thank you,

efinancial careers has a lot of good positions on it but I believe all of the applications go through recruiters. I try to avoid recruiters as much as I can, but you may want to speak to one and see if you want to go that route.

I’ve seen a lot of interesting jobs on the cfainstitute site Jobline.

I would go directly to your first choices to start with, just go to the career section of their websites.

Regarding recruitment sites, I got my current job direct through efinancial. Some of the big places have in-house recruiters that use it. You could also try CityJobs.

If you do use a recruiter, make sure it’s one that is big in the specific area you want to be in (manager research) otherwise you’ll spend your days fending off recruiter calls pushing you towards irrelevant positions.

Linkedin

Depending on where you are, your local CFA society may have its own jobs board too (i.e. separate to jobline).

^ It’s garbage and there’s nothing new that other job boards don’t have.

This is mostly true but a while back I did post an exclusive job on CFAI and it was for a really good job. I got only a handful of responses and most of the applicants were complete crap, so anyone who was decent would have had a seriously good chance at getting a call back. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the post so I called CFAI and they confirmed it was listed correctly. Just a regular job post, nothing weird. I also got my first buyside job off an exclusive CFAI jobline post.

I’m not supporting it because I hate the CFAI but those are a couple of real examples.

^I think a similar job post showed up in my email, but I assumed it was from Passport Capital.

EDIT: N/m, different post, this one showed up today. CFA Jobline is good.

Yeah, Passport is super crappy, good thing you didn’t apply there.

i just checked the cfa hot line, its not that bad.

www.mergersandinquisitions.com, including the links in my signature.

Will you work hard to create an environment that is rich in opportunity, because we understand that we cannot create better futures for our clients without recruiting and nurturing the best and brightest people in the industry. Rewarding work, constant challenge and outstanding colleagues are what our employees say sets apart the work experience for investment

OneWire.

There are a lot of great sites out there for investment careers. One site, Tapwage, takes a curated approach that I have found helpful in my career. Here are a few job channels that I have found useful:

Beginning in Banking: http://tapwage.com/channel/beginning-in-banking

Beginning on the Buyside: http://tapwage.com/channel/beginning-on-the-buyside

Picking Stocks: http://tapwage.com/channel/picking-stocks

Future Real Estate Tycoons: http://tapwage.com/channel/future-real-estate-tycoons

Bloomberg: JOBS

When I was applying around I looked at almost every online website (Linkedin, indeed (basically simplyhired, monster, and etc combined since they all steal from each other, school alumni board) and looked at every relevant post. I think I only applied to one or two things from CFAI and didn’t hear back.

Not sure why bromion didn’t get any responses from good candidates. I personally would’ve definitely applied if it was in a reasonably diverse city or near one.