Bonus time...

Happy or unhappy?

This is such an asinine thread.

Somebody isn’t happy…

+1

I like my iPad.

i have my call in t 10 minutes for evaluation. I meditated in the morning and prepared my contribution to the company along with “arguments” if need be. I’d say wish me luck, but i make my own.

then i guess preparing arguments was a waste of time…

Pretty happy $35k on a generous base

i take it didnt go well or otherwise you wouldve followed up

I’m expecting a crappy bonus again this year, probably in the neighborhood of 2-5% of base. My company isn’t big on bonuses as a % of total comp though. The best you can do at my level is 10% of base. I expect/budget for 0 and don’t put in a bunch of effort because the marginal effort required to get a top bonus just isn’t worth it.

^Wow. Hard for me to comprehend, since I usually get 50% of my base as a Christmas bonus alone. That isn’t part of my year end bonus which gets determined later this month and is (hopefully) much larger.

^ yeah, but I’ve never known anything different. Never worked for a bank or place where bonus is a big part of comp so I guess its all in what you get used to and the type of firm.

I switched jobs in October to a position with a 15% bonus target. I hope the bonus is solid because I paid money to leave my old job(paid back tuition reimbursement). I’ll find out this week, but I’m not too worried because the base was a good deal higher as well. It’s more about future planning because I have no idea how realistic a 15% target is in any given year. I hit 6% once at another job, that was sweet.

Back when I worked in Big 4, my rank in my line of service wasn’t even eligible for annual performance bonuses through the normal process. We eligible for the red headed stepchild bonus, which was like $500 at the end of busy season. Just completely laughable, it’s like why bother? If we wanted a kick in the balls we’d just go to work tomorrow. When I moved to my current job, where 5% is your target/expected bonus for meeting expectations, I was thinking “sweet, it’s more than 1%!”

^ What did you do for big 4 krazykanuck? I’m with one myself, valuation.

^ I was in Assurance, and beyond that, in the Core/Public client sub-group. So long hours, no recognition, and no incentive to do good work since nobody noticed.

One of my team mates quit about 2-3 months before I did, he was being paid as a 3rd yr associate while functioning as a Senior (quite a common occurance). Tried to transfer to Transaction Services, which was our valuation group which sits under the Assuance umbrella, and got denied saying he couldn’t move until he was a senior. So he went and got a job as a Sr. financial reporting analyst at a public energy company and when he went to quit, HR was like, “So that transfer you wanted, you can totally have that!” He said FU and quit anyway.

^ Once oil prices recover and you’ve got your Charter, move on back up here and you’ll get paid. You tick alot of boxes firms here look for and you’ve got energy experience.

I capped the bonus so it went well, but it’s still not the 6 or 7 figure bonuses we all dream of. #neversatisfied

Profit sharing - completely independent of my bonus - came in at 14%. That plus the automatic 4% match gives me a nice 18% contribution to the old 401k. I really enjoy seeing that hit the account.

thats it?