What to yourself after passing level 3

I’m looking to connect with charter holders via cold email/call. In this case, the only connection I have with the people I’m reaching out to is the CFA program. What would be a good way to make the link to the CFA program in the email subject line if you’ve passed L3 and is waiting for work experience? For example, if I was writing L3, I would put “CFA Level 3 candidate seeking professional advice” as the subject line. However, after passing L3, you can’t call yourself a candidate anymore and “Charter holder pending” is a big no no. The CFAI Social Profile Guidance doesn’t really help.

Any ideas? Would appreciate any insight into this. Thanks a bunch.

Why are you worried about the subject line?

Just write a brief email saying you’re seeking career advice as you advance through the CFA program and would like to meet over lunch or coffee. Its not that complicated. You either receive a response or you don’t, and the subject line of your email is not going to make or break you.

“Passed CFA level 3 - seeking professional advice” perhaps?

But I think Stratman is correct. You are probably overthinking this.

Passed cfa level 3 and waiting for work experience is listed under CFA Candidates. Read carefully. Dont overthink it. But dont put in the subject line youve passed cfa l3 and are looking for options. Say youre interested in their line of work and would appreciate the opportunity to talk over coffee. Asking a bond guy how to get into equity research is usually a bad time had by all, even if they are patient with you. Maybe join the cfa society and go to the events. Chatting at an event is always a more natural imo.

Even after passing L3 and “pending”, you are still a candidate. You are allowed to say “passed L3” for sure, but ultimately you are still a “candidate in the CFA program”

Thanks for these, but aren’t there rules against calling yourself a candidate if you are not actually registered for an exam?

Anyways, I agree – I’m probably over thinking this.