Series 7

Any tips? How much did you guys study? Anybody fail this? The thought of studying for this is bringing up traumatic cfa memories.

I got some notes I can share that have been circling AF for some time. What’s your email?

if you have the CFA, it should be nearly 70% review, the other 30% is some rules and misc stuff.

study well for it of course, but you shold find yourself breezing through

Just memorize a bunch of numbers and percentages, I don’t think there was any formulas to memorize and nothing conceptually or mathematically difficult (I fell asleep and still passed so you have no excuse to fail)

^Pressure is on buddy.

unbearably easy. i studied a little more than i usually do as i’m a canadian and am used to canadian rules, retirement accts, etc so i figured i could get tripped up but they basically asked you the same easy bond seesaw and order of business liquidation questions like 3 or 4 times, among other easy questions. got over 90% and spent maybe 40% of the allotted time writing it.

cake my dude, you’ll breeze by it. Anything above 70% is an opportunity cost.

^agree. ex used to brag he got 90%+ on his, but if your greatest achievement is 90% on finra exams… clearly a loser

^ LOL no ones gives a damn about the finra exam score, just pass

reminds me of firms that still request an SAT score even if you took it 10 years ago. pretty pathethic… it’s like someone in that company is still holding onto the past…

No. Firms? Not colleges? That is crazy. Btw I got like 2110 on mine (actually I don’t remember but it was something like that. I was unlucky essays were first introduced in my year…)

yea, there’s a firm that rhymes with fridgehotter that once requested my score from 12 years ago.

^lame

The firm that Itera works at told me that they don’t hire blacks. True Story.

2 weeks should be enough, but 3 is almost a guaranteed pass.

If you score above 85, then you studied too much (and unnecessarily wasted personal time).