Help Applying to ER Positions, Former Trader

Greetings, I have been applying to ER and have only had one interview in the last two months. I wanted to know if anyone could give a few pointers, and maybe opinions on if I should even bother.

To give some background, I have a MS in Finance from a top-UK university, and am an American applying to American jobs. I completed a summer internship in ER at a top MM bank’s London office, and worked as a trader for a top prop shop for less than a year before quitting.

Specifically, I wanted to know if there are any good ways for me to stand out on my resume and cover letters. Right now I say I left trading to focus on something more equity-markets related and client-focused. I hated options trading because all I did was stare at a screen for 12 hours a day without interacting with anyone.

Thanks in advance.

I recommend that you read the articles in my signature.

Bump for numi

Bump for numi

Bump for numi

Yeah I’ve read M&I many times over the years and used those articles and WSO to help me get my previous positions in er & trading. Thanks anyway.

Would anyone be willing to look at my resume and offer feedback? Thanks.

bump for numi

You are really good at catching on quickly

^ lol

seriously numi go fuck yourself. you dont have to be so fucking arrogant just because you have a job that other people want.

^ calm down man. no need for that here

I can take a look at your resume and offer feedback. PM me.

Only after 4 posts… so soon :frowning:

Hey, relax, Numi is one of the top contributers here and very well respected. A lot of people here are trying to break into ER (Except me, as i accepted defeat before the battle), so expect some jokes, as this has been discussed many many times over

With an attitude like this, considering all I said was ‘LOL’, I can’t imagine why you’re not getting job offers left and right. You sound like the dream co-worker.

aww snap.

*makes popcorn

Please continue