What to wear to an interview?

What do people wear to an interview? The copany dress code is business formal, so I’d imagine that wearing jean shorts with a tank top would be a big mistake… But are candidates limited to the white shirt and red/blue tie combo? Or is okay to express yourslef through a green or yellow tie and a blue striped shirt… I’m assuming a navy (or maybe dark grey) suit is an absolute given. No windowpanes allowed.

this

Wear a light blue shirt and a dark blue tie with dark grey or regular grey suit. Do not wear a striped or checkered shirt…and def dont wear a green or yellow tie. You can do that shit when you someone.

That’s exactly what I thought of.

white shirt and red tie or hacksaw

Depends in which type company, but you can’t go wrong with a suit and tie. Use corporate colors like blue or navy blue, your not there to express your individuality with your fashion. good luck with your interview !

http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/201108/the-inspiration-american-psycho

depends what you’re interviewing for. Deep sea diver?.. Fisherman?..

wear the left shark costume

Your right it Depends in which type company and which type’s working

White shirt is weakness. You guys actually own white shirts?Acceptable colours are non-blinding shades of blue, green and purple. Save the pinks and yellows for Day 2.

^^^^ I have never seen or heard of anyone wearing a green or purple shirt to an interview. I would laugh. Blue and white are the only acceptable colors imo.

then you can perhaps spice it up a bit after settling in

I’ve only interview in pink shirts. My lucky color. I have pink solid, pink solid with white collar, dusty rose pink with fancy collar, pink stripe, pink with teeny tiny white polka dots. Actually I have purples too.

My pile of white shirts have been destroyed. They remind me of “recruit suits” i used for Japan. Ugly!

^Are you always this silly? :slight_smile:

The real question I am interested in is for shoes - how fancy is too fancy? Wingtips a no go?

You should buy a pant long enough to cover your shoes. When your walking you should give an effect of floating in the thin air like an ethereal matter from the universe. I hope this help from a pro fession nal perspective.

mmh, what about for women?

low level investment bank job.

dress suit, must? high heels, must? conservative vs attractive? also navy and gray?

Heels, sensible skirt, and a button down shirt. Why a shirt with buttons? Provided you’re ample in the chest department, you can get that thing going where that gap appears between the two buttons over your breasts that expose some cleavage. This way you can be viewed either as demure or provocative depending on the interviewer’s tastes.

pinks and yellows are fine for the fairer sex. not so much for dudes unless you’re on the flamboyant side. a BSD should not enter an interview with a pink or yellow shirt on.

as for purples and greens, it is more appropriate if they match company colours but even still i’m positive they are acceptable. i mean, a dark purple/green is essentially the same as a dark blue. i think light purple/green are fine too as long as they are solid colours and not stripey or checkered.

Now OP, you’ve got to wear clothes that are in proportion to your physique. There are definite do’s and dont’s, good buddy, of wearing a bold-striped shirt.A bold-striped shirt calls for solid-colored or discreetly-patterned suits and ties. Always tip the stylist 15 percent. Listen, OP, I gotta go, T. Boone Pickens just walked in…