Waiting after the interview

Hi All -

I had an interview at one of the “big” banks in the US for a quant analyst position on April 24. Actually, I had 2 phone interivews prior to that and April 24 was an all-day teleconference interview with 5 VPs. One of the VPs (whom I had spoken with on one of the previous calls) was very positive during the interview. He said, “so you’ll probably end up on my team but I want you to talk to {this person} too”.

I had left feeling very confident. I wrote everyone a thank-you email, including the HR person who set up the interviews for me. She had indicated she would get back to me by the following Friday (May 1). When she hadn’t gotten back to me I emailed her and she said she would definitely get back to me with feedback by last Friday (May 8). Still nothing …

I’m not sure if I should reach out to her again, I certainly don’t want to bother the hiring committee. Also, I’ve talked to a few people who basically, when I told them I hadn’t heard back yet and its been over 2 weeks responded by saying “sorry you didn’t get it, keep looking”.

Do you think I’m being naive to think I still have a shot? How long should I wait before reaching out to HR again? Or should I even reach out again?

Thanks

So it’s been about 2.5 weeks since last interview. Did they tell you that was the final round? Or would there be another? It sounds like there would be another besides the teleconference one

I had an interview a few weeks ago for a BB ER position and the same thing happend to me. Don’t get your hopes up but I’m hoping the outcome is different for you. Good Luck buddy

Nope. Didn’t get it. Thanks guys.

sorry dude

Sorry man. Stay positive there are always different banks!

Sorry to hear that. It was unprofessional of the company to indicate that you would probably get the job.