Value addition of CFA with MBA in finance and Job prospects

Hi all,

I’m about to pursue my MBA in finance this August. But i’ve a doubt regarding pursuing a CFA in tandem with my 2 years of MBA program. The B-school is not so great , so I’m looking for value addition through the CFA certification. Also can it help me in getting decent internships? Apart from that, what kind of career prospects we are about to see if I do an MBA as well as my CFA? Corporate finance/ Investment Banking / M&A? I’m not currently from finance background.

I think you should focus on your MBA program major in finance. After the first year, you should take an intership period to see what you need next. If you see that MBA is enough, then ignore CFA.

Regardless of CFA or not, th e MBA can potentially open opportunities at the analyst and associate level in mid-tier… i have found that to land a job in the top-tier IB or Firm you need MBA/CFA plus ‘x’ years of experience.

Most importantly is the highest possible GPA (grades) from the MBA!

I would suggest going for CFA only, MBA is worthless unless you get a slot in a top business school… and I can’t think of any 1 global standard business school in the sub continent

Neither are useful.my cynical 1/2 cent

If you know AM or ER is definitely what you want to do. Then definitely pursue the CFA exams during your MBA. it makes total sense to do so.

It may not guarantee you will land a job in those areas, but it’s a huge tiem saver to knock off a couple exams if you can in school.