CFA,CAIA, CGMA - Good Combination?

Re

what exactly is it you are trying to do?

because collecting as many letters as possible to put behind your name is not a good strategy.

Re

You won’t be taken seriously unless you add MD and MBA to that list

Just learn statistics and then you’ll do fine in consumer credit risk management. Depending on the role, normally they need large data analysis skills from stats or econometrics. I’m good friends with a guy who does this, but used to manage JP Morgan’s subpime auto portfolio. He has no acronyms and just the training to do it.

The above advise is based on USA. I get the feeling some other cultures are more acronym orientated

Re

JD ftw

#Claritas

Having more letters behind your name has high correlation with superior investment performance, of course.

nah man Your Name, MBA from top5 is the best combination

Then you don’t need no CFA, ABC, or CPA.

top 2 or hacksaw

although the real truth is that you graduate at all that is hacksaw - zuckerberg, gates, dell, jobs

The designations don;t mean anything. What matters is that you keep learning. I’ve got CFA, CPA and am now writing CAIA. If you don’t spend time staying sharp you’ll get steamrolled. Not about the letters

This. I can’t agree more. I am a young millenial that went to a non-target school (because all middle class millenials are heavily instructed throughout middle/high school that taking on excessive debt in order to faciliate a college degree is the path to success. So much so that a non-target school college degree has become more and more like this generation’s high school diploma. Unforunately at 17 I was not wise enough to see this…but I digress).

Having graduated from a non-target school, I originally decided to pursue the CFA Charter because it’s a signal of competance that I believed (and still do) I need in order to advance my career, and I don’t get it from my non-target school degree. When it comes down to it, the CFA, CAIA, etc… are just really freaking difficult tests. Hustle, passion, and resilience will get you much further. Whether it’s taking the time to learn the CFAI Curriculum or watching youtube videos that teach you how to web scrape and write you’re own stock screening scripts, my advice is to focus on what actually makes you better at what you aspire to do, not on what you think makes you look better to potential employers.

IMO, if you’re just asking which X credential will get you Y salary, you’re in the wrong industry.