How much difference in job searching can be seen between being a level 2 candidate vs 3?

Assuming that someone is in an investment research type role, when this person applies for jobs how much difference will be seen if the resume showed that this person is a level 2 candidate vs a level 3 candidate?

I have 3 years left until I complete the qualifying work experience to become a charter so it will coincide at about the time when I pass level 3, but I’m wondering whether more opportunities and interview requests would be available as a level 2 candidate vs a level 3 candidate.

it’s a bonus, but L3 candidate status won’t be the reason you get / not-get the job.

experience and how you do during interview will far outweigh this

This. I’m pretty sure none of my job success to date has been my CFA status. I got my first job in a non-finance role after passing L1/L2 candidate, and got my new better still non-finance job when I passed L2. In months of active interviewing I have not landed on offer after passing L3.

Bottom line, don’t count on CFA. 9 times out of 10 it’s a bonus, not a deciding factor.

^ I’d say there’s 3 in every 100 odds the L3 status > L2 status is the factor that lands you the job

actually, on second thought it might be 1/100

does L3 status help demand a higher salary compared to L2 status? Or do you have to complete CFA to gain bargaining power?

Would like to know too…

It would marginally help. We’re talking $1-5k at most.

For a research job I would rather hire someone who had just passed level 2 than level 3. Curriculum is more relevant.

I have gotten incrementally better/more interviews with each successive pass. Not sure I will test this theory with a L3 pass.