What do you do if you get 2 job offers?

***Sorry everyone, the topic is a little misleading.

I recently started applying to new jobs and I got an offer from company A, but company B won’t get back to me for maybe 30 to 90 days after company A. I would prefer to work at company B, but I don’t know if I’ll even get the job at company B.

What should I do? The kindness in me says if I take company A’s offer I shouldn’t screw them over, but at the same time if I pass on A and don’t get B than I just really crippled myself.

Any real-life experience out there who can share what they did or didn’t do?

thanks,

I was in a situation somwhat similar to yours. I interviewed for 2 jobs at 2 different firms. While I was waiting to hear back from my first choice, firm B wanted to move me onto the next round of the selection process ** on the condition that I was no longer interested in the other firm. ( It was probably a mistake but i had told the recruiter that i was interviewing somwhere else too)… I understood firm Bs position but at the end of the day you have to look out for yourself... I ended up telling them that I was 100% commited to firm B and went on to get hired.. Firm A didnt work out for me but if I would have been offered a position with firm A then I would have left immediatly… You might burn some bridges but you have to evaluate whats best for your career.

what kind of bridges would you be burning if you screwed over company A? is it a big well-known firm with lots of connections?

I think there is a really good chance the hiring manager at company A knows the hiring manager at B. Both are foundations so it could possibly tarnish my image is the worst case scenario

Itera,

how bad would you destroyed this guys life if you were hiring manager A and he did this?

I think that at the end of the day you should look out for yourself, even though there are many factors involved in making such decision. I was in a similar situation one day and once I got the offer from firm A, I told firm B I was not interested anymore. Company A worked for me perfectly but it could’ve been the other way. I am pretty sure that if I were miserable at company A, I would’ve regreted my decision every single day!