Equity Research Report Sample

Hey all, I was talking to a equity researcher sell side( C.L King and Associate) . He suggested that the best way to impress ER analyst is to build a pitchbook/ Equity research report and present it along with cover letter. I would appreciate if somebody could share any sample report and suggest some industries/companies that I should follow and build the report for.

Thanks in advance.

No problem. Do you want me to write your cover letter too?

Why do you wanna be ER analyst? Any experience?

I dont have any experience. I want to learn how to make research report of equity. I am just looking for a sample report so that I could follow it .

Open a brokerage account at charles schwab, or somewhere else, search for a stock, and look at the several reports there.

Sample reports are useful, but don’t copy the analyst’s numbers.

My advice is to take a company with a relatively simple structure (no banks/insurance!) and try to model out the main account items in excel. Go to the company’s IR website and print off the latest set of accounts which will give you historical information which you use to put in the headline income and balance statement figures into your spreadsheet. Then have an inputs sheet where you outline your main assumptions for the future. These should then tie back in with your income statement sheet’s projections for the future.

Try to see what metrics and ratios are considered important within the company’s sector and highlight these. A basic sensitivity analysis is useful too - e.g. if you assume revenues rise by 5% rather than 2% then how much does next year’s EPS increase by.

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/attached-equity-research-template-examples

Google. What a tool.