Another ER post

Seen a VP role with MS in FI ER. I’m currently counterparty credit, so whilst I have good knowledge of the sector and write reports on a daily basis…i’m not some modelling wizkid and know all the ratios of every bank I cover…

I’m not too hopeful for an interview…just seeing what happens if I throw my CV over there.

Any tips on getting my CV in order for ER role and any bits I should focus on specifically…?

What does FI ER stand for? Financial institutions? So covering banks and insurance etc?

Financial institutions and in this case; European Banks

Do you deal with all aspects of banks or just credit ? (capital, regulation, etc) I’d gear my resume to demonstrate an understanding of banks. I don’t know much about European regulation but if you need someone with experience in domestic FI, pm me and I can help with important ratios and stuff

Not sure I have anything all that helpful to say, but it is certainly an interesting time to be looking at the European banks. The public equity and CoCos are getting beaten up this year. It’s a brutal market.

My top tip would be to pick a bank and make a simple excel model of its balance sheet and P&L in excel. I think that would potentially make you stand out over other candidates.

yeah maybe… i do that daily anyway…

I write reports and credit updates on european banks all the time!

I just think that a real sell side researcher will be head and shoulders over me…I cover close to 20 banking groups. SS ER ppl cover 4-5 i would think.

Depends on the size and trading volume of the coverage. I wouldn’t model the balance sheet per se, just the earning assets and liabilities necessary for the NIM Key topics right now will be your rate forecast and charge off forecast. Those will drive the results and I’d have educated views on both