FRM Careers in IB , Hedge Fund and BB

Hi All,

Can anyone throw some light on FRM careers after level 1 ?? Can we land up a job related to Risk in any IB , HF or BB after clearing level 1 ??

Also , can FRM charter helps you to break into Front office ??

How is the combo MBA +FRM + Financial Modelling ??

Thanks & Regards,

Hello OP. Many people mistakenly believe that minor credentials like this are their ticket to FO jobs. In reality, “breaking in” to the industry can be literal as well as figurative. To get my first FO job, I searched the trash every day at a financial firm where I aspired to work. It was arduous work and I had to battle raccoons every day. However, eventually, I found the discarded electronic ID of an employee who had left the firm. I used this to gain entry to the office, found a vacant desk, and just started working there as if I had actually been hired. It turns out that my work was pretty good and was sent as research to various important clients. When management discovered that I was not a real employee, they were too embarassed and fearful of multi million dollar lawsuits that they were forced to hire me. Today, I am a successful FO employee and owner of several expensive watches.

^Hello, is this actually a true story or did you just make this up?

^true story. I was there

Oh right, where you the trash collector at the financial firm where he aspired to work?

no, im the guy whos ID he stole

it is on AF. Gotta be true.

10/10

blush

I’ve seen his story repeated on this site several times. He has subsequently inspired generations of disenfranchised Indian and Asian men to follow in his footsteps and work at BB’s like the Goldman Sachs. The Front Office is dying to get more of you hungry 3rd world genuises in there to meet their stupid unsophisticated clients! Golf is just like Cricket but with a smaller ball!

you can’t say that

It’s not an insult, its a reality check. FO meets clients, they are the face of the bank - you need extremely strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to succeed in that role. Many immigrants may have those skills in a different language but not in English. The culture is also very different. My jab is purely at the immigrants (of which my family is one) who believe everyone in Canada is an idiot and not comparable to their competitive homeland, and how they can do a much better job if ONLY they were given a chance. Having worked with a lot of these people, I completely disagree.