job offer

Can you still negotiate if a job offer exceeded your expected range? lol

I mean from what I have wrote on the company paper are for example xxx to xxx per month, and they gave you xxx job offer through phone discussion.

Could I still manage to increase that figure?

i wouldnt

I wouldn’t ask for a bump if they beat the range. I would ask, how much is the sign on bonus? If they say, we don’t do them, say, can you bump then? I was expecting a signing bonus.

is that even possible?

I did that on my most recent job but I had several job offers to choose from so I wasn’t worried if they said no.

I’ve negotiated for a higher salary after they beat my ask and they got pissed. I wouldn’t do it

hahaha reasonable Stallion

@hpracing, did any company agreed to your request? or did some company pulled their offer after asking for the signing bonus?

If I had offered a candidate a higher salary than his required/desired range, which he had made explicitly clear to me, and then they turned around and asked for more, I’d be pretty annoyed at that. I would see them as someone who would try and push me for other stuff above and beyond what was fair in other dealings as an employee.

If you have a raft of other job offers and you can be picky, then go ahead and ask for more…but don’t be surprised if the offer gets pulled. Not saying that would happen, but it’s a definite possibility.

Ive seen your posts on this site and (without knowing much about you) I would suggest accepting the offer, if it’s a job you truly want, and then blow them away with your performance for the first year and have something solid to back up your request for a pay rise for the following year.

I know we’re all here for the money, but don’t shoot yourself in the foot with greed…

Is this job in relation to the fund accountant job you posted? If so you may not have much leverage as those are entry level jobs that they can fill pretty easily. You can always ask, but many times there are enough candidates they wont allow a person with no relevant experience to negotiate.

You could ask, but you would need a good reason - for instance, if you just received a competing job offer with a better salary. Otherwise, you just look like a sketchy guy.

Presumably they have already factored in your pay with your job description. To go back on that and force them to reconsider their decision with new information is a bad idea, especially in the leagues you’re batting in.

The bottom line is this, you can take the job and make 29k, or make zero$. For AF’s sake, I hope you take the offer.

They already gave you higher than your asking range and you want more? That just looks greedy and without any bargaining chip you will most likely piss them off.

30k per month? What currency is this?

I hope we’re not talking 30,000 PHP here…

I’m guessing it is…

I don’t think any company would pull just for asking for a signing bonus. The one company, I wanted, they complied and gave me a bump, the other said they were discussing with management and dragged their feet so I told them I took another offer instead (lots of ill will there). Both initial offers matched top end of my requests range.The 3rd co came in too low and I didn’t want to negotiate, polite decline.

honestly, I’d follow the consensus on here, these guys know.

I don’t think any company would pull just for asking for a signing bonus. The one company, I wanted, they complied and gave me a bump, the other said they were discussing with management and dragged their feet so I told them I took another offer instead (lots of ill will there). Both initial offers matched top end of my requests range.The 3rd co came in too low and I didn’t want to negotiate, polite decline.

honestly, I’d follow the consensus on here, these guys know.

Unless you have competing offers, I would not recommend.

sorry to say but you guys are correct. Philippines labor is so cheap, which is now becoming one of the developed markets Outsourcing Hub. There are lots of work migrations coming to our country these past 5years.