Asset Securitization: Best Course?

Hi!

I am looking for a course either online or in person on ABS. I’ve just joined a new team and there is a big learning curve since my background is mostly on Equity Research.

Does anyone have any good past experience with any course on this subject?

Thanks,

I joined a new team in January and told the interviewer I had no background on the subject. She liked my background and interest in the field demonstrated by my limited knowledge so took me on knowing that I had a big learning curve. She is cognizant of questions I have as I have made it clear I’m working from the ground up. Don’t they know you have a big learning curve - or did you say something else in the interview - can’t you just learn as you go along based on the project work they give you? I’m just saying that because sometimes you learn what you think you’re supposed to learn and end up learning stuff you didn’t need to learn and have to learn other things for project work.

Get out of ABS before it’s too late, why would you go into securitization when you have ER background unless it’s just for the pay. Worst job ever I tell ya.

^ lol wow

I’m do some work for the CLO/ABS prop desk. If you need some reading then perhaps speak to some of the IB guys or traders and see if they have some primers around. GS or Barc usually produce 1 every couple of years which goes through all the basics.

My thoughts exactly. The industry is a ghost of what it used to be.