Career opportunities

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know which starting positions within finance I would have a shot to start in given my background. I am most interested in Private equity, Investment banking and M&A.

My profile:

• Master in law (Belgian degree)
  • Master in Management (MIM) with minor in Finance (European Business school, triple accredited)
  • Did two summer courses In Finance (8 ECTS) and took the CFA level 1 exam last week (pretty sure I passed)
  • Currently doing an internship as investment analyst in a Venture Capital firm

If anyone has any tips on what I could do to improve my profile please feel free to share.

KR,

Moneyy

How about getting the full-time offer at the venture capital firm… lol

^This. VC is a tough nut to crack so you’re pretty close as is.

Thanks for the responses. Getting the full time offer at the VC firm is a possibility indeed. But besides this, what would some other possibilities be?

Network to leverage your experience for another VC FT offer.

What school did you go to in Belgium? I am originally from Belgium, I have a Master’s degree from ICHEC and currently work in Corporate Finance in the U.S.

Belgium is challenging from a career standpoint, not a lot of choices and pay is pretty eh… If I could go back in time, I would go to London at an I-bank, I had the opportunity but chose to come to the U.S. instead and now I regret my choice. You can hit me with a private message if you want more advice.

I did Law at Ghent University (Ugent) and the MIM at Vlerick Business School (Ghent campus).