Take leap now or wait until level 2 is completed

[original post removed]

If you can get a job now in the position you want, that far outweighs the CFA, which can be completed anytime.

you have not specified what kind of job you actually want.

Has anyone seen Batman vs Superman? It was ok, buy I think the art style seemed contrived and the plot didn’t really make a lot of sense.

Jokes aside, I actually rather enjoyed Batman v. Superman. Dumb? Yes. Entertaining? Very much.

Either Equity or Fixed income associate. I’d like to work under an analyst to learn more about modeling and the trade.

I’m losing interest in the super hero movies. I thought Ironman vs captain America was dumb

Learn to model using one of the self-teaching courses (Wall st prep or BIWS).

Start looking for the job now, because it might take a while to find one. It’s not like with Level 2 you’re going to suddenly get a higher-level position, right? You’d still be stuck at entry level anyway. The jobs you find now will probably not be available after you do Level 2 anyway, so it’s not like you are sabotaging yourself by applying for them with just Level 1 complete.

I would recommend the Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition to anyone who has not seen it yet. Over 20mins of additional footage to help the story make sense.

I think the overarching story sort of linked together on a high level. However, the stupefying behavior of almost all the characters bothered me. Batman and Superman both have emotional issues to the point that it becomes almost a parody (“Martha!”). Why does the CEO of Wayne company need to personally tell the employees to evacuate the building that is getting destroyed? I guess those guys really wanted to meet their sales quota. Why does Lois keep forcing Superman to save her when he could literally be saving 1000s of other people? Morpheus really wants to turn the Daily Planet into Dailymail.co.uk. Also interesting that Batman probably killed like 20 people in that movie - but somehow, he is not ok with Superman becoming judge and jury of humans.

I only saw the extended version, so I don’t really know what the cinema cut is like. I think it removed that scene where Lex is talking to the monster from Hellboy. Speaking of Lex, did he really pee in a jar, walk into congress, and put it on the head table? How did no security guard catch him doing this? That would have been a true wtf moment. In the Batman vs Superman universe, Lex is a celebrity CEO on the level of Mark Zuckerberg or Elon Musk. Imagine if you are doing a 9-5 job then suddenly Mark Zuckerberg walks in. Then you’re like “oh my god, Mark Zuckerberg?? Wait… Mark why the F are you carrying a jar of pee?” Also, presumably Superman has super smell, so he should have been like “who peed themself?” the whole time. I would also have liked to know what product LexCorp actually makes. As the movie is, I just understood broadly that they were in the business of “evil science”.

I thought Jeremy Irons was ok, but he did give off a bit too much of a Jarvis vibe like in Iron Man. I did like that Wonder Woman was cast as a foreign person - it makes sense that she would have an accent. But maybe they should have chosen someone more tougher looking. The Batman and Superman actors looked pretty muscular and I can believe they can beat me up. The Wonder Woman actress though, not so much.

thread officially hijacked…

Anybody seen the tv series Gotham? Other than cheesy lines here and there, I thought it was pretty entertaining.

I’m almost in the same position.

Recruiter will take a look at your resume when you’re lvl 2 (at least), but it certainly won’t hurt if you start looking what’s the job market has to offer for entry level.

Do it bro

if you are not in the field you want to be in then take the GMAT for an MBA. Heard them top20 MBAs are great career changers