Business analyst and CFA

Hi All,

I need tom pieces of advice from your side when ti comes to being the business analyst position and CFA.

I started pursuing CFA (Candidate level 2) , however my career has turned little into the business analysis role. On one hand this is interesting career path as you mix the IT and financial world, but also this could make it impossible to become CFA as I would not have proper 4 year experience even if I pass all exams. therefore my questions is whether studying and passing (eventually smiley ) all CFA exams is good plan or whether going into proper business analytic certification would have more value added.

I would appreciate some pieces fo advice here smiley.

Thanks,

Andrzej

My 4 years approved work experience involved two similar titles to yours: Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst for an asset management firm. However, on top of the duties that usually accompany these roles (Former: gathering and writing business requirements for FX trading processes, Latter: Creating and executing test plans for FX trading processes) I also supported FX traders.

So given that my Business Analyst position was approved as experience I would not say it is “impossible to become a CFA” with this title. However, it all depends on what your job entails.

Good luck

You can get CFA approved with that experience. Even if you don’t, the knowledge and experience can still be useful in your interactions with investment professionals.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answers. This clears a lot. In this case I have wider scope when it comes to job search as I move to Luxembourg in the end of September and shall look for positions there. Best,

Andrzje