Am I on the wrong job? Career advice needed

Hi all,

I just take on a role as Transfer Agency Administrator with a custodian bank over a month and hope it will provide exposure to more products which I hope to move on to performance related functions. Instead, my role is basically handling client onboarding/KYC/AML/account opening areas which I try to learn and get the most out of the job. However, as time goes by, I start to feel uncomfortable and unhappy on the job as it seems it just about documentation/compliance (which I dread) with no exposure of the product knowledge at all and there seems to be no direct transferable skills to move to investment performance. Also, the turnover rate of this team is very high with almost a resignation for each month for past one year. In a span of my first 2 weeks, there are already 2 senior team members leaving and it caused a huge low morale within rest of the existing team members.

I do admit that this role happen to come along after finding one for months after making redundant from my previous role as investment banking in trade processing. Should I leave this role as soon as possible since it neither fit my previous experience and my interest and I afraid that I will be label as ‘KYC/AML’ guy forever if I stay longer on this role.

Appreciate any kind advice. Thanks!

Would you rather have back office experience until you find another job, or unemployed experience?